Wiper arm and a body plug.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hey guys,on to the wiper arm,how does the fastener in the pic go to g ether? never had to tackle this one,and that body plug were does it go.Thank you Thank you very much.:cheers:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 169
It just presses into the hole. Channel locks and a socket work great. That plug looks like a parking brake cable or spedo.

Hey guys,on to the wiper arm,how does the fastener in the pic go to g ether? never had to tackle this one,and that body plug were does it go.Thank you Thank you very much.:cheers:

Hi Don.

The arm shown only takes one of the white bushings and it attaches to one of the studs (press on) on one of the arm pivots. (might want to make sure which side the open part of the plastic bushing needs to be on before you put the bushing in)

A small hole (a pinhole is fine) in the back of the bushing to let the air out while it going on the stud helps it from popping back off when you lube it and press it on.
Any heavier lube works fine (I used wheel bearing grease)

The other two parts, no idea. :D
To me, they don't look like part of the wiper system at all, and I agree on the speedo cable grommet.
Hope this was at least a little bit of help.

Make sure the hole in the bushing is in the right direction to go on the stud. I did that and it was a pain.

It just presses into the hole. Channel locks and a socket work great. That plug looks like a parking brake cable or spedo.

Thanks for your help,these body plug kits are well not at giveing all the plugs,it is missing 2 that go under the back seat,1 large 1 at the firewall,and to rub salt there is 1 big plug left over that I don't need.:violent1:

Hi Don.

The arm shown only takes one of the white bushings and it attaches to one of the studs (press on) on one of the arm pivots. (might want to make sure which side the open part of the plastic bushing needs to be on before you put the bushing in)

A small hole (a pinhole is fine) in the back of the bushing to let the air out while it going on the stud helps it from popping back off when you lube it and press it on.
Any heavier lube works fine (I used wheel bearing grease)

The other two parts, no idea. :D
To me, they don't look like part of the wiper system at all, and I agree on the speedo cable grommet.
Hope this was at least a little bit of help.
HI Greg,I kind of r ember there being 2 bushings when it fell apart,well i have like 8 to play with :twisted:And yes as always you a big help,thankssssssssssssssssssss.:D

HI Greg,I kind of r ember there being 2 bushings when it fell apart,well i have like 8 to play with :twisted:And yes as always you a big help,thankssssssssssssssssssss.:D

Should be one on each end of the linkage, replace them all now when you can and the pivot seals also. You will not regret it.

Should be one on each end of the linkage, replace them all now when you can and the pivot seals also. You will not regret it.

Yep, two on the drivers side pivot, one on the passenger side pivot, and one on the motor arm pivot.

Funny thing I never use the wipers,dont like to drive in the rain.WE might melt.:glasses7:

I don't care for it either, but have to do it all the time.
What I hate even more than the rain is when it rains just enough so all the other cars make a big *** mess of my windshield. :D

THAT prompted me to build and install a large capacity washer tank with a good powerful pump and to slightly drill out the squirters.
It's mounted on the passenger side inner fender and uses an inline electric pump that works normally with the wiper switch wash button.

I don't care for it either, but have to do it all the time.
What I hate even more than the rain is when it rains just enough so all the other cars make a big *** mess of my windshield. :D

THAT prompted me to build and install a large capacity washer tank with a good powerful pump and to slightly drill out the squirters.
It's mounted on the passenger side inner fender and uses an inline electric pump that works normally with the wiper switch wash button.

Hey your right there is only 1 bushing I just took a better look,sorry my BAD.

-
Back