wiper arm installation help

-

ducter

Reaction score
Hey guys, not real sure which forum this would go in so trying here. I have a 73 dart sport that I have been trying to work on and for some reason the wiper motor and arms were in the back seat. I am trying to figure out how they hook back up, if anyone has meesed with these please let me know whats what..and proper orientation of the parts.

thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_20121228_145811 (Small).jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 185
Here are some pics.
The (hockey stick) one goes to the motor and the straight one goes
across from drivers to the pass. side.
Darryl

Attachments

• 002 (2).JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 003 (4).JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 004 (4).JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 005 (5).JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 195
Thanks so much for those pictures! Very clear now. What are those metal clips on the ends? Think that's all I would be lacking.

Oh! Take the wiper blade and arms off first before hooking up and testing.
The motor needs to do a cycle to stop, if not you might hook up something
backwards and the wipers will clean the water off your hood.
Darryl

Thanks so much for those pictures! Very clear now. What are those metal clips on the ends? Think that's all I would be lacking.
Your Welcome.
Those are the snap in retainer clips are they lost?
I see year one has for an ebody retainers FD3017, not sure if they will
fit (anyone here know?) I do not see any for a body, I check Classic
industries and they do not have them.

Place a wanted add here I am sure some one will have them,
barracudakid maybe? Warning the shipping on those are HUGE! LOL!
Darryl

Your Welcome.
Those are the snap in retainer clips are they lost?
I see year one has for an ebody retainers FD3017, not sure if they will
fit (anyone here know?) I do not see any for a body, I check Classic
industries and they do not have them.

Place a wanted add here I am sure some one will have them,
barracudakid maybe? Warning the shipping on those are HUGE! LOL!
Darryl

Yes, mine must be missing as all I have are plastic things on the ends. Thanks again, it's a pia trying to see up the dash and not be real sure what I was looking for or how the arms were supposed to go.

I am not sure if your clips will be the same, This is off a 67 Barracuda.

Attachments

• 006 (5).JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 190
From your pic it looks like you have what is needed as far as the plastic caps, I think they replaced the metal retainer clips.
That said, I would for sure replace them as they break. You can get replacements at Advance or O'reilly.
C

From your pic it looks like you have what is needed as far as the plastic caps, I think they replaced the metal retainer clips.
That said, I would for sure replace them as they break. You can get replacements at Advance or O'reilly.
C

Alright, thanks both of you. While I am far from being road ready the wipers for some reason have been a constant thought of mine... Never mind all the other work that I need to do..its those damn wipers I want working lol.

I think you need the plastic cup type clip/cap whatever they call it. If so you can get them at NAPA on one of the spin racks. I have a 74 and that's what I used.

EDIT: I just went back and looked at your OP and the pics, you need the cup type cap like what's on the end of the one arm. There are a couple different types, take one with you and match them up.

Also when you install the caps put a dab of grease in them, it also helps to take the smallest drill bit you can and drill a tiny hole in the center of it, they try and pop back off at times.

I think you need the plastic cup type clip/cap whatever they call it. If so you can get them at NAPA on one of the spin racks. I have a 74 and that's what I used.

EDIT: I just went back and looked at your OP and the pics, you need the cup type cap like what's on the end of the one arm. There are a couple different types, take one with you and match them up.

Cool, will check Napa tomorrow. Didn't realize that was all that there is to it.. Doesn't seem like they would hold it on very good but they must.

Cool, will check Napa tomorrow. Didn't realize that was all that there is to it.. Doesn't seem like they would hold it on very good but they must.

When you try and install them you will understand, they can be a real booger to get on.

See above post about putting a small hole in them.

If NAPA don't have them O'Riellys might. If not I know NAPA can order them for you.

When you try and install them you will understand, they can be a real booger to get on.

See above post about putting a small hole in them.

If NAPA don't have them O'Riellys might. If not I know NAPA can order them for you.

Will do. On a side note a brand new O'Reillys just opened about a mile from my house and I have been itching for a CHEAP reason to stop in, now the wife can't stop me :glasses7:

Also when you install the caps put a dab of grease in them, it also helps to take the smallest drill bit you can and drill a tiny hole in the center of it, they try and pop back off at times.

Perfect answer

Mine is a 73 and everything looks exactly like mine, and it uses the plastic cups at all 4 arm joints.

-
Back