Wiper arm positioning and blades

-

alg

Reaction score
image.jpg
on my 71 Demon, can anyone tell me how to position them on the studs so they are correct without trial and error. Also, what blades are you guys using? These are angled at the blade end. Also, how do I straighten the arm long enough to place?

Thanks

Without this tool...
IMG_20170130_231225.jpg

You will have to carefully hold the locking tab back with a small screwdriver or scribe and hold pressure on them to keep them straight enough to get on. As for getting them on the right way the first time, good luck. I don't think I ever got them lined up on the first attempt. Clean the splines real well and put a little grease on them to make it easier to remove and reinstall untill you get them lined up right. I use NAPA PN 60-1699 blade refills for my '73 Dart. Not sure if these are the same for your car though. Good luck!

This is the tool I have, I think I got it from autozone. It makes it quick and easy. "Trico Classic" blades are available, they are original equipment.

3.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

When shut off, the motor should go to 'park' (fully down position) FSM says passenger side tip of blade min 3" above gasket and drivers side 2" I usually don't push them too hard on splines till I'm sure they are where I want them. Run them on low first to check. Should be a few inches clear on drive side. It will be closer on high speed. You could put the passenger side on first-if it goes up too far, at least it's still on the glass.

Thanks a ton guys. This is great info. Off to autozone I go.

-
Back