Wiper arm upgrades

-

seanner

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 69 valiant witch only has one wiper. And the one it has has seen better days. I was wondering if anyone has put a newer wiper arm on their car that would be close to stock dimensions. I’m looking to do this just for the sake of being able to get cheap and reliable parts for my car without having to order it all the time. And I understand that this is not a purest decision so please be nice and if I should look elsewhere for help please point me in the right direction

Hello. I have a 69 valiant witch only has one wiper. And the one it has has seen better days. I was wondering if anyone has put a newer wiper arm on their car that would be close to stock dimensions. I’m looking to do this just for the sake of being able to get cheap and reliable parts for my car without having to order it all the time. And I understand that this is not a purest decision so please be nice and if I should look elsewhere for help please point me in the right direction
This is what I got for my '72 Scamp
TRICO Gold® 15 Inch Pack of 2 Automotive Replacement Windshield Wiper Blades for My Car (18-1515), Easy DIY Install & Superior Road Visibility .
I can't get the link to work but they are on Amazon for about $20

they worked great!

Last edited:
I also need one arm. I was thinking of just getting 2 civic wiper arms and making an adapter. Just wasn’t sure if the length is right.

NAPA has a line of wipers (arm and blade) that they market under a "Classic" designation. Be sure to tell the counter man that you want the Classic series wiper. The ones on my 1970 Dart look and work like originals.

Replacing the original wiper arms and blade holders on these cars with something "more modern" almost never works out well. Lemmie splain. Now, you do what you want, but here's the dealio. That car came with stainless steel wiper arms. Yup. Stainless steel. ALL you need for a fine operating set of wipers is original arms and blade holders and just get some wiper refills and stock up on them. That way, you have the factory high quality stuff and the only thing you need to change out when it's time is the rubber refill and that's it. Most anything "modern" will be made if chinsey crappy plastic that will bake in the sun, get brittle, discolor and break. But again, your money, your car. Do what you want.

-
Back