Wiper bushing help

-
a trick I use sometimes is a google search and click "images". Helps scan thru what I am looking for, then check the website out. Check around, there are cheaper ones. Im pretty sure Napa has them.

That Google image search is a great tool isn't it? :)
FJ5 and I talked a bit via PM about the different bushings, but he couldn't then load a picture so I wasn't sure what he was working with.

Thanks for helping Steve

And another

View attachment Wiper Bushing.jpg

I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm wondering if anyone has found these bushings thru NAPA or ??

I got caught in the rain a couple of weeks ago and wouldn't you know it, the wipers gave me 1 swipe across the windshield & quit :banghead: Just got them apart and I need this bushing too LOL

FJ5....Did you end up ordering them from RT Specialties or ?? I hate to order online if I can find them locally without waiting....:)

I'd love to find out as well, I think my bushings are worn because sometimes my wipers park where they should, and other times they park themselves too far up, by a lot. In fact when I first put the wiper arms on, I had them adjusted so that they were sitting just above the rubber windshield gasket, then they decided to let loose and park themselves on the cowl, putting a huge scratch in my paint. It just about made me cry.

I got mine thru NAPA, but keep in mind different years are different bushings. THAT pic will NOT work for 67. Sorry I have no part # for you.

View attachment 1714786940

I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm wondering if anyone has found these bushings thru NAPA or ??

I got caught in the rain a couple of weeks ago and wouldn't you know it, the wipers gave me 1 swipe across the windshield & quit :banghead: Just got them apart and I need this bushing too LOL

FJ5....Did you end up ordering them from RT Specialties or ?? I hate to order online if I can find them locally without waiting....:)

I ended up ordering mine from R/T specialty, they are only $5 each.

I got mine thru NAPA, but keep in mind different years are different bushings. THAT pic will NOT work for 67. Sorry I have no part # for you.

I've been doing some research, but can't find that style....Thanks :thumbup:

I ended up ordering mine from R/T specialty, they are only $5 each.

I don't mind the price...it's the time waiting for them to arrive I was trying to avoid. Dash cluster is out & steering column is dropped down, so can't drive my car again until I get them :banghead:

I here ya, on a time line for shipment, I have ordered twice from them, they are in PA and I am in WV one state away and it took 4 days to get them.
If I remember right you can pay more for one day / two day shipping etc. I just chose to have him ship my stuff the cheapest way.

You could attempt to call them Monday and see what your options are.

R/T seems to be the only one with that piece based on that part number and calls it a 2857917 WIPER ARM LINKAGE RETAINER A/B BODY.
All my searches using that PN keep sending me to the bushing with the single tab.

Attachments

• 100_5149.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 150
Great thread, I will be rebuilding mine soon and watch, just when I need this info I wont be able to find it LOL. Bought the motor and all linkages from a member as my car didnt have any of it so I gotta find pics of how it all goes together, never see any on here of up under the dash, just looking at the parts is driving me nuts, the linkages are still attached to the pivots and I know which end goes to the motor but where the hell does the one end with the round hole on end of linkage go to?????

OK I have the wiper parts here at home and see how it all goes together now, car is a 67 and not positive what the linkages and motor came off of but was all a matched set so looks like I will just need those square bushings/clips and the one round one on the motor end? I already have the wiper pivot rebuild kits as well.

Will get it all sand blasted and painted up nice and pretty if I can figure out how to stop up the hole in the motor at the bottom (hole/slot/drain hole??) so no media gets in it. Its a two speed wiper motor and I will try to wire it up to a two position toggle switch since I will have a bunch of toggle switches already in the car.
Thanks for this thread.......go team go !!!

I ended up putting mine back together with some decent looking used bushings....I guess I'm not very patient :) It seldom rains here, so I'm not too worried.

Here's a few pics of the junk bushing for reference....

Attachments

• P1110854.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 101
  • P1110856.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 99
  • P1110857.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 109
-
Back