Wiper linkage bushings

-

plymouth71

The Moomobile
Reaction score
Hey guys,could anybody tell me where I can find the wiper linkage plastic bushings for a 1971 Plymouth valiant scamp?I have looked at classic ind,year one and on eBay but all I could find was for 1973 and up and they looked different than what I have.Thanks

I'm not saying for sure that they have them but it's a couple of sources you can try...Rock Auto and 521 Restorations . And try this guy too Ron Toppins @ 409- 682-8956, I met him in Kehma Tx. He sells OEM parts. I hope this helps you.

I'm not saying for sure that they have them but it's a couple of sources you can try...Rock Auto and 521 Restorations . And try this guy too Ron Toppins @ 409- 682-8956, I met him in Kehma Tx. He sells OEM parts. I hope this helps you.
Ok,Thanks for your help

I got mine at Canadian Tire, had to buy 2 boxes to get all 4 pieces thou. About 6 bucks I think.

wiper linkage bushings.JPG

Does your linkage rod look like the 1 on the right of this pic?

Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 003.jpg

If yes, it takes this bushing....

Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 005.jpg

You can get the one on the right from rt specialties.

If the ones in the pic olddog posted are them I have some new ones I dont need. Pm me if u need/want them

I got mine at Canadian Tire, had to buy 2 boxes to get all 4 pieces thou. About 6 bucks I think.

View attachment 1714920430
The ones I ordered from year 1 look identical to yours,still trying to figure out how they snap into the arm,looks like they would work if the little piece of plastic wasn't on the side,but they look nothing like the originals

@plymouth71

I had the same trouble finding the correct wiper bushings for my car. It's a 72 with a 71 build date. It took awhile to figure out what was wrong....

The bushings that are sold at most auto parts stores are too small as you can see.

Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 002.jpg

I found the correct bushing in a parts car......

Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 006.jpg

Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 008.jpg

Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 007.jpg

@plymouth71
@plymouth71

I had the same trouble finding the correct wiper bushings for my car. It's a 72 with a 71 build date. It took awhile to figure out what was wrong....

The bushings that are sold at most auto parts stores are too small as you can see.

View attachment 1714930113

View attachment 1714930114

View attachment 1714930116

View attachment 1714930115

View attachment 1714930113

View attachment 1714930114

View attachment 1714930116

View attachment 1714930115
My issue is that the bushings I ordered and the ones I bought at auto zone is that they are too big.The original retainers were flat black plastic pieces that slid down through the hole and simply snapped on the pivot,doesn't look like the bushings I bought in any way,all of the parts are original and I can't seem to find any repops that are similar

-
Back