Wiper linkage questions

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok while under the dash of dads 67 cuda hooking up the speedo, I noticed the wiper linkage wasnt completely hooked up to the crank on the motor. I took as good of pics as possible laying on my back/side/upside down etc...LOL it looks like some pieces could possibly be missing and or broken. The last pic(6th one) is missing for sure...I got the pic off the net and it is part #(i think #2580929). The white piece...does it look broken to you?? Looking for opinions on what ya think. I have done some searching on the net and will do some more..

Thanks
4spdragtop and ragtops pop

Attachments

• DSCF6912 (Medium).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF6925 (Medium).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 506
  • DSCF6927 (Medium).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 521
  • DSCF6929 (Medium).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 515
  • wiper linkage retainer (Medium).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 504
It sure looks like the wiper bushing I had a tough time finding.

Attachments

• Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 008.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 434
  • Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 007.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 448
  • Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 006.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 441
  • Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 005.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 456
Hey C!! I was wondering when you were going to chime in here. I saw your thread on from years ago LOL. Its not top on the priority list, but I would like to get the issue solved before we install the heater/ac pieces...its tough enough to work on as it is! Its similar to yours, but I forgot to take a pic of the other plastic piece(outer piece) on its own. I will add that pic tomorrow(today I mean)...

looks like you have all the pieces Steve, might be missing a wavy washer that goes before the clip. but flat washer, spring, bushing, wavy washer and retaining clip.
I just looked at my spare and the wavy washer is missing but is still usable until you find one. it looks like the flat washer that goes on first but is bent to give tension to the assy.

Hey John, thanks! But the pic of the clip/retainer(5th pic) is missing..R/T specialties has one http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=2580929

And wavy/curved washer is missing as well..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-SPEED-WIP...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588fff0429

Also I will get better pics of dads bushing...kinda hard to tell if its broken or not but here is link to a new repro one, but it doesnt look correct??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-71...80929-/260651082984?item=260651082984&vxp=mtr

your bushing (pictured) looks fine. the bushing in your link is incorrect. Here are pictures I just took, sorry the lighting is bad so I had to hold real still.

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_1265.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 429
the first is the bushing unassembled the next is how it should be reassembled. yes Steve only one raised area better seen in this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 398
Beautiful!! Thats it John, matches what I got. Ebay has spring clip for $6 and will check R/T spec for the wavy washer...Awesome pics and thanks for taking the time!!:prayer:

Anybody find the wavy spring washer (2580944) on R/T's website? I have been looking but nothing so far.... they have a LOT of stuff and I wish it was categorized a little different I bet I could find/buy a lot more then.

Nothing but ebag coming up on a search

Reviving an old thread of mine....any idea where to get the white plastic bushings from?? Im planning on doing the wiper pivot seals and want to change the bushings at the same time....

Thanks ALV, the white bushing in the 1st pic is the one I am looking for...or at least a few of them. The style in the bottom pic I believe is for like 73 up something like that??
Wont be able to get the buggers in time for the weekend...have to see if I can get one locally.
Thanks, its nice to know they are repopped. Gonna order some for backup anyway.
Pushed yer thanks button too

Cheers
Steve

-
Back