Wiper Linkage

-

MeucciGarage

Mopars Unlimited Seattle
Reaction score
Hey guys i need some quick tips here. i am currently pulling out my wiper pivots so that i can change the pivot seals but i cant get them disconnected from the linkage arms. how do i do that?

There's a slide over clip that holds the arms onto the shafts! You just raise the edge of the clip and slide it over the rod and it pops off!! I'll get a pic and post it here!!

Yep, lift the tap and slide it to the side to remove...

Are you talking about disconnecting the wiper arms from the pivot, forward of the glass? The answers you've gotten so far are for that. Or are you trying to disconnect the linkage from the pivot under the dash? The under-dash linkage is just held on by nylon bushings that just pop off. See http://www.allpar.com/fix/wiper-linkage.html.

All of them are nylon on my 73 Swinger and I use the same tool to pop the door panel clips loose when taking it off.
Something forked and flat works nice to pop them off, or a large flat screwdriver would be the next best thing.
Put it between the two pieces you want to separate as close to the pivot point as possible and twist.

The earlier ones had the metal clips with the tab locks, the later ones had the nylon square deals that the linkages just snapped in...

The earlier ones had the metal clips with the tab locks, the later ones had the nylon square deals that the linkages just snapped in...

Square?
These are what mine takes.

Attachments

• wiperbushings.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 170
thats why my car has or had. im not sure i believe some of them broke while i was fiddling around trying to pop them out. are they available at your average baxter autoparts o reillys or anything?

I got mine at Autozone in the "Help" section.
I think there were two in each multi vehicle package, so I had to get two packs.
Still it was only about 6 bucks.

Poke a pinhole in the backs of them and wipe some grease inside em with a Q tip.
If you don't poke the hole they try to pop back off when pressed on.
I had one that was a PIA to get to and when I finally got it on it popped right back off.
Enough of that crap. :D

I bought a few and the ones to hold the side glass right from the dodge dealer for a few bucks

the only place I found to get the black ones was R/T Specialties and he charges like $5.00 each. If you order from him ask about shipping or you'll wind up paying $20.00 for shipping. Ask me how I know.

thank you so much for all the help everyone! almost done with the project details will be uploaded to my build thread later tonight!

-
Back