Wiper linkage

-

kegr2010

Reaction score
Ok guys at the risk of sounding stupid I need help. My 73 Dart wiper linkage arms keep falling off. I have not figured out what I am doing wrong. The arm that hooks too the wiper motor will not stay on. I ordered a clip that I thought was going to fix my issue the clip does not. I have pics on my phone that may help explain my dilemma. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_20211026_145117446.jpg

IMG_20211026_145928241.jpg

IMG_20211026_145936656_MP.jpg

IMG_20211026_145045547.jpg

You sure you have the arms on the right way?
No I am not sure which way the arms go. I have got two arms one has 3431 688 58622 number and is straight. The other arm is 3431 685 58622. And has a curved shape on one end. They are out of the car and missing the bushings currently. I don't know which one is for what. Help!!!!! Lol.

The wiper linkage is obvious which way it goes. The pivot to pivot is marked at the ends R and L.

Link #3431685 installs as follows: end marked L goes to driver side pivot and end marked R goes to motor. Link #3431688 installs as follows: end marked L goes to driver side pivot and end marked R goes to passenger pivot. You will notice driver side pivot has attachment post on both sides. When the white bushings #3788089 were bought from the Chrysler parts department,they were filled with white lithium grease. Chrysler's oem bushings were better quality,than the aftermarket bushings from the parts stores. Also as previously mentioned bushing is pressed into link first, then into the pivots.

Thank you to all of you. I now have working wipers. The two speed wiper motor seems to only have one speed but they are working. Thank you.

I was going to say, the 2-speed arm is different than the variable speed arm. If you have only one speed, do you have the wiper ballast hooked up? It attaches to the wiper motor.

Would show a picture, but they will not load any longer. Wish I knew why.

I was going to say, the 2-speed arm is different than the variable speed arm. If you have only one speed, do you have the wiper ballast hooked up? It attaches to the wiper motor.
It is now working properly and both speeds work. Thanks

-
Back