Wiper motor 1972 A body

-

WIFENAMEDCARPOS

Reaction score
Once again back to pros on this site. My wiper motor bit the dust. Three speed cant find one. Does anyone one have one, or has anyone done conversion to a two speed. These two speed motors 45 Bucks AMAZON. Thanks

Resized_20190626_094633.jpeg

Once again back to pros on this site. My wiper motor bit the dust. Three speed cant find one. Does anyone one have one, or has anyone done conversion to a two speed. These two speed motors 45 Bucks AMAZON. Thanks

View attachment 1715357620
Just did this on my '69 Dart, it had a 3-speed motor from probably a B body car. The motor was in a wrong position to hook up to wiper linkage. Just bought the car, it never worked. Got the correct 2-speed switch from mopar city, a mopar junk yard. New wiring harness from year one for same, wiper motor from Advance Auto parts ( Chinese knock off, no one had one) and a ballast resister to mount on motor. I do not know if this will help on your newer car. Research it, lot of changes from '69 to '72. Good Luck.

Just did this on my '69 Dart, it had a 3-speed motor from probably a B body car. The motor was in a wrong position to hook up to wiper linkage. Just bought the car, it never worked. Got the correct 2-speed switch from mopar city, a mopar junk yard. New wiring harness from year one for same, wiper motor from Advance Auto parts ( Chinese knock off, no one had one) and a ballast resister to mount on motor. I do not know if this will help on your newer car. Research it, lot of changes from '69 to '72. Good Luck.
Thanks.

I also needed a replacement three speed wiper motor. I bought a Cardo remanufactured motor #40-370 and reclocked it and used a later pivot bushing to work in my '67 Barracuda. Found this one this morning.
A1 Cardone 40-370 Windshield Wiper Motor

Also, I also contacted Cardon directly and they offer a rebuild service. You have to send the wiper motor to them thru your local parts store. Once Cardon has your motor they will quote you a price and timeline. For $65 I would buy the #40-370 and clock it and not mess with the switch and wiring.

-
Back