wiper motor woes

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Okay so tonight I had loads of fun removing cleaning and reinstalling my wiped motor to no avail. I used a true 12 volt supply and although the motor does not sound awesome it works and spins. I tried running a ground from the battery to the case that did not help. So two questions how are the two connectors supposed to be connected they are the same connector with different color wires. Next question any ideas what else? Wiper switch maybe?

If you end up needing a wiper motor I have one works just fine, it's yours for $20.00 plus the ride. If you need a picture to make sure it's the same let me know.
Bob

Anybody? Please? I am replacing the motor ground strap tonight in hopes it will help but I did run a wire from the battery to the motor and it did not help.

The issue ONLY occurs when the engine is running. If it is on AC only everything is good.

I replaced the ground strap and cleaned the points where it connects between the bell housing and the firewall. It seemed to help a little bit.

What I have figured out is it runs perfect with the ignition on ACC. After I crank the engine they work okay for a minute and then they start stuttering.

Could it be the switch or the motor?

Sometimes you just need a bigger hammer. I fixed he wipers. All I did was reach under the dash and grab the wires. One wire feels slightly cracked so I think it will need to be replaced but in the meantime All is well. Now onto the headlights on relay.

-
Back