Wiper refills

-

crooked1/2dozen

Reaction score
Hi y'all:

So I'm having an issue with finding wiper refills for my '64 Val, I've got the ANCO stainless steel w/ the red detent. This may be a given, I don't know. I searched archives and somehow figured the ANCO 12-13 or 11-13 were the ticket, apparently not, an old timer at the best local parts house said I wanted the LP-13 (off the top of his head, not like the young gal at the other place who asked "What's a Valiant"). Anyways, anyone know what works best?

TIA

Dan

I found some ANCO 12 inchers, but they are the narrow type, won't work without changing the head. I'll keep searching, I have the same problem.](*,)

You're probably looking for the 16-13 type refill with the rubber stoppers
in the middle. I think they are discontinued but I will look when I get to my store on Tues. I have some warehouses that I buy from that still have some old anco refills. Anco is doing away with all the metal spine refills
and going with the ugly plastic ones. I'm buying up all the metal ones I can find.

I hope someone has them. There is still those of us with the stainless steel wipers that look better than these new fangled pos.

I bought the full plastic arm type, and pulled the rubber spine out and installed in my arms (the only ones I could find with the spring clip on one end). They kinda work, but they're about 1/4" too short. I'm afraid they'll slip out during heavy use, but they were good enough to pass a safety inspection.

I'd LOVE a proper alternative...

-
Back