Wiper woahs...

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Got a good one here in Georgia you may have heard has had some bad weather. Well about 2 weeks ago I had the Cuda in the rain and turned the wipers on. Everything was good for about 2 minutes and then they started stuttering. It is hard to explain but basically they work fine but suddenly stop working and then come back. I am thinking it is the wiper switch because I also am having an issue with the dimmer on the headlight switch. It comes on but doesn't dim them dash lights just turns them on or off.

Since no one has an opinions on this issue I am going to try and replace the switch. Can any one recommend a place to find one new? I have found a few on eBay but I am a variable wiper and everything I see is 2 speed.

There is a thermal limiter that should turn the wipers off briefly rather than blow a fuse. This is for when the wipers are frozen to the glass or otherwise obstructed. It may be inside the switch or mounted on the outside of the switch depending on year model.
That limiter in my 67 variable wiper switch cracked ( it's just a strip of bimetal ) . I took the switch apart, routed those 2 conductors outside the switch and installed a cycling circuit breaker from a later model.
All this was back in the mid 80s so I wont have pics or more details.
Let me know if I can help.

-
Back