[WANTED] wire harness

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased mine thru YearOne, manufacturer M & H harness. The harness was formed, fit, and function perfect. All connectors were OEM and proper length. I would never use someone's old harness. Go new for many reasons, especially when it comes to protecting your ride.

I purchased mine thru YearOne, manufacturer M & H harness. The harness was formed, fit, and function perfect. All connectors were OEM and proper length. I would never use someone's old harness. Go new for many reasons, especially when it comes to protecting your ride.
Im off to check them out. I only wanted to go original because of wanting stock connectors.

they have nothing for the 73 with a slant, but ill call to make sure.

I agree with @crewchief to a great extent. M&H harnesses are VERY good. I have their under hood harnesses in my 69 Barracuda. They are exactly like the originals down to wire colors and connectors. If you can afford their harnesses, then go for it. You will not be disappointed. You can sign up to get on Year One's Email list and wait for a 20 or 25% sale. I think that Classic Industries might sell them too, so you could get on their Email list also. The under hood wiring should not be terribly expensive. That being said, if their stuff is not in your budget, if you could find a nice used setup that looked good, it might work out okay IF you checked it out THOROUGHLY. I would lay it out, take lots of pictures, unwrap all places where wires are bundled together, check every wire for continuity and for cracks in the insulation and then re-tape the places that were taped before. But you really need to start off with a good used harness with all factory connectors present and in good condition. Layson's used to sell the exact kind of tape the factory used. If they don't have it, I have a whole roll laying around somewhere. Again, new would be best, but if it isn't in the budget, get the best used one you can and check it out.

I agree with @crewchief to a great extent. M&H harnesses are VERY good. I have their under hood harnesses in my 69 Barracuda. They are exactly like the originals down to wire colors and connectors. If you can afford their harnesses, then go for it. You will not be disappointed. You can sign up to get on Year One's Email list and wait for a 20 or 25% sale. I think that Classic Industries might sell them too, so you could get on their Email list also. The under hood wiring should not be terribly expensive. That being said, if their stuff is not in your budget, if you could find a nice used setup that looked good, it might work out okay IF you checked it out THOROUGHLY. I would lay it out, take lots of pictures, unwrap all places where wires are bundled together, check every wire for continuity and for cracks in the insulation and then re-tape the places that were taped before. But you really need to start off with a good used harness with all factory connectors present and in good condition. Layson's used to sell the exact kind of tape the factory used. If they don't have it, I have a whole roll laying around somewhere. Again, new would be best, but if it isn't in the budget, get the best used one you can and check it out.
all ive found were listed as V8 motors, and so far not found one, but i have time now that the cars not running..lol

Does your engine harness have 2 bulkhead connectors bundled together? I have one harness that has an integrated light harness with the engine harness wrapped together. I also have a harness with a single bulkhead connector. It looks like a six harness as the dist plug is close to the alternator wires. Can you confirm?

Does your engine harness have 2 bulkhead connectors bundled together? I have one harness that has an integrated light harness with the engine harness wrapped together. I also have a harness with a single bulkhead connector. It looks like a six harness as the dist plug is close to the alternator wires. Can you confirm?
Im not anywhere close to the car, but i believe there are 2 bulkheads, because only the one that controls the engine was burnt. It included the oil pressure sending unit, the alternator, distributor and coil wires and a few other small wires. but now that you mention it, the alt wires and distributor wires are all wrapped together...or were.. lol. Ill go look tomorrow and get more specific.

Hard to believe , but i finally got to look at the car, and it is one bulkhead in the firewall. let my know what you want for the harness. Its getting warmer here(not that it matters to me) nut im going through withdrawls having this thing down for so long, and chasing gremlins.

8DEA4BA1-F5BE-4CC0-B27B-7628242F22E1.jpeg
3B107ABE-5783-4345-89E5-A97019BDE9CF.jpeg
4C66212E-1736-4574-A482-8F97FBC3FA30.jpeg
B09909F6-8570-4FC7-80C6-4C1A1D8A50A1.jpeg
0D7CB203-685E-4A07-8A32-E84616C98507.jpeg

Upon further inspection what I have looks like junk hahahaha

I agree with calling MH directly, I spoke with them 2 weeks ago about my 67 cuda harness. They are approx 6 months backlogged.
I would buy wire/ supplies and make it myself.
Call M&H NOT Year One!!! Year One just sells the parts. M&H Wiring makes the harnesses and their people really know their stuff...

I believe M&H is under a participatory contract with Year One. They will not sell any harness directly that is tied to Year One.

In my case YO doesnt offer it and they arent interested in offering it, that's info directly from MH sales rep. BUT a 6 month wait from MH. Even if MH will sell the OP a 73 valiant engine harness(if YO doesnt offer it) he will be waiting 6 months. That's why I suggested to redo it himself.
I believe M&H is under a participatory contract with Year One. They will not sell any harness directly that is tied to Year One.

This is correct, but if you need information M&H is still the best source even if you eventually end up buying from YO

I just bought a reproduction wiring harness for my Demon off this fella on fleabay. Having installed yet but looks good to me. $172 shipped and it's manufactured in Pennsylvania.
Screenshot_20220502-074613.png

Screenshot_20220502-074613.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back