wire in trunk

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
dont laugh but what is the wire on the passanger side of the trunk? i seen a knob of a wire sticking through. rat must of chewed it off. any one know. i can post a pic if needed.

](*,) i found the other end and i fill like :spam1:. it was the wire going to the gas tank. hooked it up and gas gauge still dont work ol oh well. thanks

thats what that wire was for.. it goes to the sending unit... as for the gas gauge still not working, any number of things could be causing that.. that wire is bad somewhere else, the sending unit is bad, or something is wrong in the dash.. the printed circut might be messed up, or that goofy resistor type thing on the back of the dash for the gas gauge may be bad...

well all the gauges work but that one, so i think the sending unit is bad. but i will be runing down the wire also. right now im fighting with the overdrive rod and have to make a braket for my throttle cable. the joys of being broke and fixing up a fish lol.

The joys of being broke and fixing up a Dart isnt much differant my friend LOL!! Im right there with ya.... all my gauges work except the gas gauge.. I replaced the sending unit.. We eventually discovered that I am not getting any power at the sending unit.. checked the wire.. so my problem is in the dash.. I am betting its the resistor thingy (pardon my super techno lingo there) on the back of the dash... I just havent worked up the urge to pull the gauge cluster again.. last time I did that it was a pain in the *** LOL

same here. i dont want to pull it back out, but i dont have a heater or blower setup under the dash lol:yawinkle:. i can get to it with out pulling it out. some times i wish i had just got a mopar from the 70's lol. and one that was at lest running when i got it. im thinking of just starting for the beging again and pulling out the 400 and doing all i need to get paint on it and sliding in a 318 out of a newer car. u got a pic of that thing on the cluster?

If you take that wire and ground it to the frame it should bury the needle on the gas gauge,if that happens then the sending unit has a problem,it should be a blue wire hope this is helpful

i hope the rat any lol. i grounded it and nothing. hooked it up and turn the key on and the needle moved some but not far passed the E. tank if full to

when you ground it you need to turn the key on for the test to work,if the needle goes up then problem is in sending unit if it doesn't problem is elswhere,trace out wire make sure it's all good and from there to the voltage limiter on the back of the instrument cluster

if you have to pull sending unit first thing to check is the float ball lot of times they can get little fine cracks and holes and then they just sink. if you cant see any get a second set of eyes to sit in the cab and watch the needle after you hook the blue wire up and ground it manualy raise the float and pray the needle moves lol. good luck

thanks guys, ill recheck everything and see what i come up with. hope i dont have to pull the unit lol its got a full tank lol

-
Back