Wires in the engine bay.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last year I spent most of my time getting my engine together and running. I didn't have much time for pretty. So one of the things I am doing this winter is tidying up my wiring in the engine bay. What do you guys with the nice clean looking engine bays do with your wiring? Posting of pics would be very helpful.

Jack

Check younggun2.0 car that engine bay is amazing.

In addition to your suggestion to check out "younggun2.0', I've read other threads suggesting folks check out someone else's vehicles. But I have a really hard time (often no luck at all) finding pics. I tried looking through threads he'd posted on and searched the photo gallery and haven't been able to find any pics of his engine bay. Could you 'link' me?

Last year I spent most of my time getting my engine together and running. I didn't have much time for pretty. So one of the things I am doing this winter is tidying up my wiring in the engine bay. What do you guys with the nice clean looking engine bays do with your wiring? Posting of pics would be very helpful.

Jack

I re wrapped the harness in my a Dart when I built the car.

Have bought a new harness to replace the original 1967 harness and will add the wiring needed and then re wrap the new one.

Year one sells the correct wire wrap that is non adhesive and will look like factory new when done correctly.

I've seen people use the modern plastic wire loom stuff and my opinion it looks like CRAP on an older car.

What do you want it to look like?

Don't have any engine shots on this computer

I re wrapped the harness in my a Dart when I built the car.

Have bought a new harness to replace the original 1967 harness and will add the wiring needed and then re wrap the new one.

Year one sells the correct wire wrap that is non adhesive and will look like factory new when done correctly.

I've seen people use the modern plastic wire loom stuff and my opinion it looks like CRAP on an older car.

What do you want it to look like?

Don't have any engine shots on this computer

I just want to tidy it up. The drivers side of my engine bay looks like crap with all the wires I have in there now.

Jack

I guess you seen this one before lol

Attachments

• SHRUNK .jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_5069.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_5764.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5763.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 201
-