Wiring behind the dash of a 66 Dart

-

Geriianish

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get the dash off? I can't find anything on the net and the manual is next to impossible to find.

Thanks,

Coreen

If it`s like the 67 and up, the windshield has to come out and then the screws around the perimeter of the dash can be accessed that hold it in. There are also two bolts on either side just above the kick panels that the dash pivots on upon install or removal.

I need to pull the whole dash. I have an ignition circuit problem since the wiring from the previous owner is all wrong.

I have a 66 with a repair manual and live in town. Let me know if I can help, but I hate wiring and am not good at it....:???:

Welcome to FABO too !! :cheers:

You might be able to find some additional info in the members restorations forums. Many people do extensive restorations that require removing the dash. I don`t think there`s a play by play in any of the forums specifically aimed at dashboard removal but it may help to peruse them and see what comes up. You could always pull your seats out, make yourself as comfortable as possible, and lay on your back working what you can that way???????? Working under a dash sucks though but it`s your only alternative to pulling the assembly.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I think I will be pulling the windshield. This scares me as I don't have a replacement.
Any advice on pulling and storing it while I'm working on the wiring?

-
Back