Wiring harnes 67 barracuda

-

67mopr

Reaction score
Thought I'd ask for some input. i was told that the wiring in my 67 Barracuda is fine. But still I can't help but think" Do I wanna gamble or not". The motor is and being stroked to a 408 plus the car was taken down to the metal so it seemed like replacing the wiring would be a logical thing to do. I know EZ wiring makes a kit but it's for a GM and a mopar. My question is this. Is it better to fork over the money for each section ( engine, then dash then rear) or go for an EZ or Painless. I have seen an EZ and the wiring looked awful cheap. I think Painless is like $454.00 for the whole thing. Anyway I welcome some comments or advise... Oh by the way I took the engine to a local guy.. didn't go to Blue print or for an indy crate. Just the Indy LA x heads and adjustable rockers was all I got from them. Thanks Jim

What's wrong with the harness in the car now? I used the /6 harness and just fixed the wiring where it needed.

CIMG4770.jpg

where did all the replies go????????????????????

Everything went bye bye on Sept 28. Should be enough pop ups and discussions out there already!

Too bad, Mullinax95 had a great pic of his EZ wire install up in the thread. In short, EZ wire and all the other kits are of great quality, GXL wire is a vast improvement over your 43 year old OEM wires, aftermarket kits are not factory wiring, expect some fabrication and it will not look the same when finished, problems with stock wiring mainly firewall connector and glass fuses, advantages to stock wiring are stock appearance and yes, they served well for 40+ years, figure on updating electrical if you are adding stereo equipment or other high current accessories.

My suggestion, check out Ron Francis for a mopar specific kit based on Access 24/7 or Retro product. (Stay away from the Express or Bare Bonz product unless you really like all the extra work). Get his catalogue before you buy any wire harness, it's a great resource. My choice would be the WR-95 Retro kit. How can you go wrong for $285.95? Talk to them before you order. They can customize the kit to your needs and their customer service is great!

EZ wire is also a fine product, but less complete than the Ron Francis kit. With any of the universal kits, expect a GM style column connector and color codes. Stay away from the 80's style GM fusebox, (they are difficult to mount), look for the mini fuse like the EZ wire 21 ckt.

WR-95 retro kit huh? I will check that out. I just need the regular stuff. I'm gonna get a new alternater also.

-
Back