wiring harness kits

-

dvav

Reaction score
has any one used any of the cheaper universal wiring kits from ez wiring ,speedway ,or summit . i see some of these kits for as low as $170. i know they would need some modifying for switchs and ignition or use gm stuff.are they worth it or do i have to spend 6 bills on a painless or ron francis kit

From what I've heard those "cheap" kits are just that. You will end up spending lots more money to complete your install with connectors that aren't included. I used the Ron Francis kit and I am very happy with it. Everything I needed was included. Even electric cooling fan capability. Didn't need to call customer service for help.

you might be interested in this. Pro Street Wiring Board= $140

All the outputs go through internal relays and fuses so theres no need for any external relays. Everything connects directly to this board. Low beam and high beam have 35amp built in relays. Dome, park,brake, right blinker and left blinker all have 6amp built in relays. Ign+ outputs all go through a 70 amp relay. And the blinker outputs will drive any type of blinker lights as long as they are 6 amp and under total current. The blinker outputs do not require a load to blink like most factory cars. So led blinkers can be used with no other modifications.

http://www.leashelectronics.com/Wiring-Boards_c6.htm
http://www.leashelectronics.com/New-Pro-Street-Wiring-Board-PS2012.htm

From what I've heard those "cheap" kits are just that. You will end up spending lots more money to complete your install with connectors that aren't included. I used the Ron Francis kit and I am very happy with it. Everything I needed was included. Even electric cooling fan capability. Didn't need to call customer service for help.

So thats what you "heard" eh?
I did a EZWiring 21 curcuit and it was a great kit. I didn't need a reproduction perfect kit so i didn't give a **** about having correct connectors, and yes, it "even" had a curcuit for electric fan and "even" electric seats.
Don't believe everything you hear.

-
Back