Wiring headlight switch

-

Docmcg

Reaction score
I’m just now getting to the wiring of my A100 pickup. I have an EZ WIRING harness. I’m kind of confused about the terminals on the headlight switch. Attached is a diagram of the switch terminals. I know B1 & B2 are the power terminals, H is for the headlights, I think P is for park lights (front and rear), R is for taillights (I think), not so sure about I & D. Can somebody help me figure them out? Thanks, Steve.
8ED32954-CA8E-4495-9D94-8521FA00C5D7.jpeg

Go over to MyMopar and look at a wiring diagram "for just about anything" in the same year range. Those switches have been the same for years. Use an Ohmeter. One of the two in question will go to ground (mounting frame of the switch) when the button is twisted "and hard" "click" all the way to the left. That is the ground leg switch for your interior/ dome / courtesy lamps. The remaining one (OEM original) was tan, went to the INST fuse in the fuse panel, and then to the dash dimmer controlled lamps.

You can choose whether you want "traditional" or "always on" parking lamps. If you want old school (park lights out with head lights on) hook the parking lights to "P". If you want them to be on with headlights, hook them to the "T" post with the tail lamps which is what Ma did later on in the '70's

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I was playing around this morning with the switch connected to a battery and determined a few things. One problem popped up though. When I turn the switch left all the way, I don’t feel a “click”, leading me to think the switch may be faulty. Found an inexpensive replacement on Amazon that I just might order. Really appreciate the help. Thanks, Steve. Also, I think I’ll stay traditional with no park lights in front while driving.

-
Back