Wiring Hell!

-

baucco

Reaction score
The PO tore out a bunch of wires,cut them ,jumped them and generall has confused the hell out of me! I've got headlights and front turn signals,my heater and lighter work,ignition works, but no brake lights or reverse and the rear turn signals are not consistent. I did find from my diagram that the reverse and turns are wired into the wiper switch and that the wiper mount was put in upside down which appears to have burnt the wiper motor. My Q is:is the little silver box on the wiper switch a fusible link? I can't find any reference to it in my manual and I can't seem to get any further! Thanks for any info,b.

Bump your post.
"PO."
There’s your problem.
“Wiring” and “Hell” can be redundant.
Only thing I can tell you quick is that typically, the secondary filament in your tail light bulb is used by both the turn and brake function.
Moving the turn lever simply changes the circuitry.
Big help, huh?
And as far as the silver box, I have noticed this but never thought about it.
I’m curious. Possibly a resister. If it were a protective device I would think it would be a self-resetting thermal switch. But that is just a WAG.
I’ll go get my manuals and look if I have time. Maybe something is there.

What does "bump my post" mean? As for the other,you're right. It's been a bit of a terror and if I had any hair I'd be pulling it out!I appreciate any help at all here. Thanks,b.

It means your post is replied to and thereby moved back up on the list.
So that people will be more likely to see it when they check the recent post.
My manuals are 72 an 73. Yours is a older?

The silver box on the wiper switch is a cycling circuit breaker. It is heat sensitive to the circuit and will turn it off ,in conditions like wipers frozen to glass, rather than fry something. It should reset itself once cooled but...
the bimetal strip inside it may be cracked. Seen that before

Hi Betty,
Yeah that's our car. It's a 64 Valiant/Barracuda. I'm trying to get it on the road now! So,I appreciate all of the input. Where are the pics of your car? Hope to see it soon,b.

It means your post is replied to and thereby moved back up on the list.
So that people will be more likely to see it when they check the recent post.
My manuals are 72 an 73. Yours is a older?

Yeah,I bought a manual on ebay because it was advertised as corect for the 64 barracuda and it only had about 4 pages for my car added on at the back! Very little reference to the 273. 60 bucks out the window....

-
Back