wiring

-

w2dodge

Reaction score
id like to change the wiring in dash in my 69 dart ..bulk head ..all that stuff under the dash..i really hate to do it but my dart is all apart and its time now to restore it ...any place that sells kits ..or is gonna be a custom do it your self job...i have rear defrost , and radio reverb...i most likely have to wire it...any input would be great

Many places sell wiring harnesses if you are looking for a factory one. Year One, Paddock, and the like.

I've never replaced one completely, but I've done plenty of wiring repair work under the dash. I can say that it is extremely handy to have a reproduction factory manual handy so you know exactly where every wire goes.

deffinitley get a factory service manual for your car so you have a wiring diagram to refer to. i rewired my valiant with an aftermarket harness, but you can just copy yours if you want. just pull it out and set it on a workbench, you are going to need to buy whatever terminals you need and the correct wire size and colors. the factory wiring diagram has a chart that says what size each wire is and its color. i chose an aftermarket harness, because i wasnt sold on the way mopar wired the car, i got rid of my amp meter, and balast resistor, two less things to go wrong. good luck!

I Did A Painless Rewire Install In My Duster And It Was A Very Nice Clean Kit. I Think They Haave Kits For Anything You May Need. I Did My Entire Car Bumper To Bumper And I Am No Expert By A Long Shot. Hope This Helps. Also Get You A Wiring Diagrahm ( Before ) You Start.

thanks ..i just removed it all...i just have the bare metal dash now..where can i get a diagram that would include rear defrost and the radio reverb wiring...geez it looks like a real pain and time consuming job.

its time consuming, but when everything works, its very rewarding. you may be able to find a copy of the wiring diagram on the internet somewhere, but i like having the service manual, so i can make notes on it.

-
Back