WiseGuys Seats

-

GONEFISHIN'

Reaction score
My wife's bugging me about the lack of shoulder belts in my '66 Barracuda, which I'm having finished this spring. While we've got the seats and carpet all out to put in the 4-speed hump, I thought I'd try to figure this out.

So, last night I found this lead to a company called Wise Guys in Elkhart, Indiana - looks like they build real nice custom seating, including buckets with built-in 3-point harness. Expensive, but by the time we mess around trying to mount new 3-pointers, which I'll have to buy anyway, I might not be out too much more if I just get the custom buckets (especially if I can find a buyer for the newly redone OEM red buckets that are in the car now).

Anyways, has anybody out there bought seating from Wise Guys? Are they as good as they look?

My wife's bugging me about the lack of shoulder belts in my '66 Barracuda, which I'm having finished this spring. While we've got the seats and carpet all out to put in the 4-speed hump, I thought I'd try to figure this out.

So, last night I found this lead to a company called Wise Guys in Elkhart, Indiana - looks like they build real nice custom seating, including buckets with built-in 3-point harness. Expensive, but by the time we mess around trying to mount new 3-pointers, which I'll have to buy anyway, I might not be out too much more if I just get the custom buckets (especially if I can find a buyer for the newly redone OEM red buckets that are in the car now).

Anyways, has anybody out there bought seating from Wise Guys? Are they as good as they look?

You might want to consider Buckets out of a Sattelite Sebring convertible. Not sure what year but some have used them as they have built in shoulder harnesses.

Thought about the Sebring, but since I'm paying a mechanic to do this car, going Sebring with all the electrics to mess with might not save me that much money

Thought about the Sebring, but since I'm paying a mechanic to do this car, going Sebring with all the electrics to mess with might not save me that much money

it's not that much in electronics at all. heck it's just basic wiring and you can find the wiring schematics at corvairkids website. it easy. I think it was 5 wires total for both the seatbelts and the power seat setup . (not counting the couple extra ground wires I always use per seat.)
http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

I went to auto the salvage yard while I was in Michigan and grabbed the wiring from a sebring convertible plus the front and rear seats. Each seat cost me 25 bucks and the wiring was 20 so for a grand total of $95 I got the sebring seats. I wanted decent seats but new later on I'd be recovering them to match the top and interior color of the dash so didn't need pristine seats
these look a little "scuffed" in the back panel areas but they were close to the color I wanted.

-
Back