wish id have known sooner

-

ceebee754

Reaction score
hello everyone who chooses to read this (i feel bad for you) because im a bit dry so go get your self a refreshing beverage and ill begin a story that goes back a long way......................................................................................................................did you get a beverage, perhaps a snack? i like to have a little fresh aloe vera just to keep me regular you know! anyway where was i, oh hi and welcome to the new forum i just found.
the year was 1993 i was a wee lad of 10 i believe (could have been younger but i dont want to take the time to count back) and i just finished building my first model car, a 1957 chebby. my dad who had been a pontiac man mostly but owned some mopars along the way, i think was trying to sway me into being a chevy man. i on the other hand had a thing for big rigs up until this point and didnt really care for cars at all wanted a ford duallie pickup. well with my not so successful atempt a model building i set out for a new project. my father and i found ourselves at happy harrys/ walgreens to all you non delawarians, a drugstore to everyone else. they had a limited selection of models a camaro, some helicopters, a ship, and then there it was a 1973 or 72 i cant remember pro street challenger with a hemi, dad whats a hemi "oh a hemi is something i could never beat in my gto's he said." AND THAT WAS THE EXACT SECOND IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY LIFE WAS CHANGED FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it wouldnt be but 1 year later and i was driving in my field in my very own 69 dart with a slant six. not kidding 11 years old with a car and a subscription to mopar action. life couldnt get much better ahh an f5 green little old lady one owner 2 door dart custom. $800.oo and we drove her on home i remember the thumbwheel raidio picking up joe walshes- lifes been good to me on the drive home when we tested to see if the raidio worked. the next year a 66 belvedere would be added to my collection for $200.oo the same year another 69 dart this time a swinger another $200.oo and my addiction has only gotten worse!
now 20 years later and at least 20 or more mopars later (i still have 13) im here and very excited to be i love mopars more than anything! thanks for welcoming me!

correction it was high performance mopars that i had a subscription to. had the turbine car featured in one of the first issues i got! and superbirds and daytonas as a kid i was extremely impressed and even now when i go to carlisle or englishtown i always get tears in my eyes going through the gate thats how bad a case of moparitus i have. doctor says "take it easy slow down get yourself a ford or chevy" even tried to ween me off with some american motorsadone it didnt work as much as i want a gremlin or an amx or a rebel or even a pacer i somehow feel it would eventually get a 340 installed in it or a stroked 360 with 13.5 to 1 compression and a 4 speed:stop:

-
Back