Wish me luck! Magnum 5.9 engine conversion starting today (hopefully)

-
I've got a 670 cfm Street Avenger. It's an awesome carb. Ran my stock (other than manifold and carb) 318 with no trouble, pretty much straight out of the box. Then bolted it on the cammed up 5.9 and it seems to run just as well.

I'm going to get something a little racier once I've got the thing ready to go to the track.

Success! Its not done yet but I can hit the key and drive it whenever I want.

dart2.jpg

engine-1.jpg

Got it aligned. Now Im worried it has too much rake to it, and will probably end up raising it up a little and then inevitably need to get it aligned again.

I'm going to try to get a vid when I get back from vacation. It sounds frigging awesome.

lookin sweet!!!!!!! did you go with the summit exhaust kit? Also, how hard were your headers to install? I had a cake time with the headers, but everyone else I've talked to has choice words with theirs before they drop in.

I love holley 670 street avengers....a VERY good carb in my opinion...had a few. looking good on your magnum swaps guys....have any of you ever thought of making a how to sticky on the magnum swap?

Hey:

I actually am working on a writeup for my swap. Hopefully it can help someone through some issues that I had to fight, and/or help them accurately forecast the expenses involved.

My exhaust is sort of a mish-mash. I've got the Comp headers with black coating, a TTi-X-pipe and Super Turbos with dumps. I still have the TTi tailpipes but I don't know if I'll switch from the turndowns or not.

My headers were a serious pain. I think part of the problem may be the Schumacher mounts, as it seems they move the engine up and forward a little bit. I had to gring one of the steering box bolts pretty seriously, and the clearance to the passenger side torsion bar is negligible. If I have to pull them out anytime soon, I'll be seriously thinking about getting some other kind.

I chose the Comps because I wanted to be able to get the rest of the exhaust to bolt on without a lot of hassle. It didn't work out that way. LOL!

I did get some ARP 3/8 head bolts instead of the issued 7/16, and that did help a lot with getting 5 and 7 tight.

Steve

I love holley 670 street avengers....a VERY good carb in my opinion...had a few. looking good on your magnum swaps guys....have any of you ever thought of making a how to sticky on the magnum swap?

I have an essay on it comprising about 1500 words. I'm looking for a guest article or something in a magazine.

Hey:

I actually am working on a writeup for my swap. Hopefully it can help someone through some issues that I had to fight, and/or help them accurately forecast the expenses involved.

My exhaust is sort of a mish-mash. I've got the Comp headers with black coating, a TTi-X-pipe and Super Turbos with dumps. I still have the TTi tailpipes but I don't know if I'll switch from the turndowns or not.

My headers were a serious pain. I think part of the problem may be the Schumacher mounts, as it seems they move the engine up and forward a little bit. I had to gring one of the steering box bolts pretty seriously, and the clearance to the passenger side torsion bar is negligible. If I have to pull them out anytime soon, I'll be seriously thinking about getting some other kind.

I chose the Comps because I wanted to be able to get the rest of the exhaust to bolt on without a lot of hassle. It didn't work out that way. LOL!

I did get some ARP 3/8 head bolts instead of the issued 7/16, and that did help a lot with getting 5 and 7 tight.

Steve

That's funny. I have the /6 to v8 Schumacher mounts with Comp headers, and mine fell in. Granted, it's not easy to get the header bolts (I also got ARP 3/8" head) started, but once they are, the headers basically put themsevles in place. I didn't even have to ding a tube.

-
Back