WIW 1968 barracuda fastback

-

maxie

Reaction score
2012-05-17_13-19-07_181.jpg

2012-05-17_13-18-54_712.jpg

2012-05-17_13-18-45_424.jpg

318 2bbl with air, buckets, console automatic, woodgrain wheel, rallye dash with performance indicator. Car is from texas, super nice frame and undercarriage, super nice sheetmetal under the hood, floors are perfect, interior is shot from the heat along with the other rust in the pictures.

It needs quite a bit of work to restore. If you can do all the work yourself, you're ahead of the game. Otherwise you're going to spend ten grand in restoring it (minimum) for a car that is probably worth $13,000-16,000 when restored. Does it run, and why was it "parked"?

I would hazard a guess at the value to be around $1200-1700 depending on the condition of the trim, transmission, etc. If you can't do most of the work yourself, you could always part it out for $1800-3000.

Love the color.
Would love to have it if it weren't 1500 miles away.
I think 1200-1700 is realistic, but running and driving might get you 2000-2500, or maybe even a little more.

its really all going to depend on how far the rust has gotten into the car. in my experience, when you get a good amount of rust on the outside, the trunk and floor pans are just as bad if not worse, just because they say they are good, until you rip it apart, you wont really know. otherwise i would agree with the previous posts. where you run into more trouble is when all the stainless and bumpers are bent up have to be replaced or fixed as well. so basically you end up replacing everything.

I am looking for something to put my hemi in and thrash on. So this is kinda a 68 super stock project. The guy is asking 3000.

it may say barracuda but it dont say CUDA or is it a 70 71 or 72 people want to much money for these mopars..... 1500-2000 at the most

Here in Oregon that would be a $3,000 - $3,500 car.

I'm always surprised when someone from the East would mention parting out a car like this. I have seen your restoration projects..... You restore cars that have turned to mostly brown powder, but this is a parts car?

Here in Oregon that would be a $3,000 - $3,500 car.

I'm always surprised when someone from the East would mention parting out a car like this. I have seen your restoration projects..... You restore cars that have turned to mostly brown powder, but this is a parts car?

I wasn't advocating parting it out, it's just without knowing the condition of all the little things this car could turn into a huge money pit costing many times more than the actual restored value, especially if Maxie doesn't have the skills to do all the work himself. And you're exactly right, we have some very talented people here who can polish a turd into a diamond.

-
Back