WIW-64 Valiant Signet

-

jeeper

Reaction score
I know on other boards WIW questions are greeted with some skepticism. I figure since we are a tighter group here it would be alright.

Anyways, I am a 73-76 Duster guy and I found a 64 Valiant Signet.

Here are the basic specs:

/6 with a 3 on the tree

Ran when parked a few years ago-like 5-7 I would say.

Interior is decent, nice seats. Rotten headliner and defroster ducts etc. Carpet is bad. Complete interior though.

Body is good from the doors forward. Behind the doors there is some bondo and a bit of wheel lip rust and probably some in the trunk. I could not get in there. Basically all there and decent looking.

Chrome is all there. There is a bit of pitting on all of it that I could see. Decent shape and not broken, but definately has some bumps on it.

Overall, the car is all there, a bit of body rust, most likely will need brake work etc.

What is the going rate on these cars. It is not my intention to "flip the car" but I would like to get it going in a year or two when the Duster is done.

Thanks for reading the narrative.

ROB

as always it's worth what someone's prepared to pay for it...

actually it sounds in similar condition to one I was told about a couple of weeks ago for about $1500 which seemed reasonable tho i'd probably be happier at $1000 but then I am a bit of a cheapskate!

Ditto on the cheapskate thing. He has a number, but won't share with me what it is. He wants me to give him an offer on it.

We will see, I know what they go for on the local Craigslist.

Thanks for the idea. I would say that I am not in a huge hurry for the car, but would not mind getting it.

I think it depends on what part of the country your in as to what it could bring. If it where around here I would expect 2 - 500 max.

I was figuring on offering around $250.00.

There has been a 66 with no rust and no options at all for $500.00 with no real huge issues. It came with spare parts etc. although I think the rear window was gone.

I would figure with the rust and I know some chrome issues etc. that I would start around $250.00.

It has been sitting for a long time. Most likley the wiring has issues now, brakes etc.

Thanks for the help, ROB

BTW- are there any Valiant specific sites?

Sorry, ididnt realize until after i had spoken..

in fact, just ignore me.. im out of it today.. i had a run in with a black bear yesterday and 3 times today and im not all there.. plus i didnt catch any fish.. anyway. maybe my links can help!

Cerwin

I think the 1,300.00 is on the high side for that car.

My range would be anywhere up to about $900.00 depending on condition

$500-$750 would be fair. I'm glad these early a's are still affordable. And you don't have to feel too bad about making them into street strip cars. One thing in thier favor: light weight. Wouldn't surprise me if that Valiant weighed 2800# or less.

-
Back