WIW Empty 'A' body 8 3/4 housing

-

Cranky

One of the banned Henchmen from FBBO
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Have no idea what these are worth these days. It's clean, powder coated black and ready to go together.

Have no idea what these are worth these days. It's clean, powder coated black and ready to go together.

I've seen uncut A body 8.75s, housings only going anywhere from 200-350 recently, complete rear ends with open gears, in the 5 to 6 hundred range and suregrip rears going for 800 to 1000 depending on case number, gear ratio and sure grip type.

getting scarce and pricey $300 + not out of the question up here in Ontario

So, the prices that y'all quoted are for ones that are bare and unpainted? It cost just under 200 to powder coat it. So, asking 400-450 for this one wouldn't be out of the question......? A customer had it done for his car but then decided to go with a different rear due to wheel and tire combo. Thanks for the replies!

Is it just a bare housing? Backing plates? Shock mounts?
Yup...totally bare (spring pads are on it) but all clean and powder coated black. He was going with disc brakes and aftermarket axles on it so the stock stuff is gone I'm sure.

So, the prices that y'all quoted are for ones that are bare and unpainted? It cost just under 200 to powder coat it. So, asking 400-450 for this one wouldn't be out of the question......? A customer had it done for his car but then decided to go with a different rear due to wheel and tire combo. Thanks for the replies!

I think that is ball park for a nice original straight housing with no pitting in it.

I gave 250 for a bare one a few years back, that needed cleaned and painted, but it was clean and had no pitting in the metal.

Thanks for the replies! And he said he does have factory axles, backing plates and drums but no shock mounts.....

The low prices are from people looking to buy one, the high prices are from people looking to sell one. Keep that in mind.

The low prices are from people looking to buy one, the high prices are from people looking to sell one. Keep that in mind.
Yup....been in the hobby since well before it was a hobby lol. I've seen them go pretty high at times but have also seen them go pretty cheap too.

-
Back