WIW - Marlin

-

comoxian

Reaction score
Hey all.

My buddy that I grew up with over the last 40 years is looking for a new project. He was thinking T-Bucket or similar, but then he ran into this car at his uncles place.

They are the original owners. It hasn't been run in about 20+ years. It is in fine shape according to my bud.

Of course, the owner thinks it's made of solid gold. What would a fair offer be, considering it is family and all.

summerland 214.jpg

My best friend has a 65 327 Marlin. Great cars. I always loved the barracuda fastback styling of the Marlins. They did not make many of em' only produced from 65-67'. It looks to be in very good condition, if you do not buy it let me know because my friend Todd would be all over it.

My best friend has a 65 327 Marlin. Great cars. I always loved the barracuda fastback styling of the Marlins. They did not make many of em' only produced from 65-67'. It looks to be in very good condition, if you do not buy it let me know because my friend Todd would be all over it.

'65 Marlin prod.: 10,327. '66, 4547. '67 (on the longer Ambassador chassis), 2545.

Semi-relevant factoid- did you know the Marlin (called "Tarpon" in it's concept-car form) was originally conceived to be on the Rambler American chassis? 106", same as the first-gen Barracuda.

64amctarpon.jpg

64amctarpon2.jpg

The West Coast AMC show was a few weeks ago and there were a couple of Marlins for sale for $5.5K and up. If this one is as clean as I think it might be, I don't see why it wouldn't sell for the #s I mentioned above.

I just sold both of mine 1 65 and a running driving one both for $3600 the guy has them for sale now i have lots of parts lots of NOS one is almost rust free and the other needs a little repair

-
Back