WM300 Power Wagon

-

globren

Reaction score
Hello from France! Thanks for accepting me to your groups. I'm restoring a 1969 Dodge Power Wagon WM300 that I bought in Norway this past summer. Anyone with knowledge to how to pass the French Dreal I would gladly appreciate your input.

IMG_20231121_135238.jpg

That's a bunch of badassary right there! Welcome aboard! Never heard of the Dreal. Can you tell us what it is? Inspection of some sort?

It's more than just a regular vehicle inspection because they look at if the vehicle is conform to its original build ( brakes, motor, exhaust, etc ) down to the slightest detail. Then they will tell you what needs changing to be road worthy in France. The only other way to get it registered is a complete restoration passing through a different department of the french government. I would have a serious problem doing that because it would mean having an original bed shipped from the states which is next to impossible considering the shipping and customs taxes ( to give you an idea I just paid over 600 dollars for shipping a 140 dollar starter). The truck is one of only 1517 examples of that particular model made worldwide.

-
Back