Woman Calls Orem Police To Free Her From Her Locked Car

-
If I were the cop, I might have just let her suffocate in the car... holy Darwin Award Winner!

this is no lie, a few years ago I worked for my buddy running tow truck. we got a call from aaa for somebody locked in there car. it was a chevy s10, when I got there the guy just got out, the truck had a electrical issue that locked the doors and he was not able to manually unlock. he said he heard the door locks making noise and grabbed the door handle and was able to get out. but to get a call like that we were like what the f!!!.

it has the electrical contacts in the jamb,it kept locking me in,and the windows were rilloing up and down,soon as i turned on the ignition,lol,i could see were a lady would have freaked out and thought they couldnt get out.After i got the doors open,a quick go around with the air blower fixed it right up.

this is no lie, a few years ago I worked for my buddy running tow truck. we got a call from aaa for somebody locked in there car. it was a chevy s10, when I got there the guy just got out, the truck had a electrical issue that locked the doors and he was not able to manually unlock. he said he heard the door locks making noise and grabbed the door handle and was able to get out. but to get a call like that we were like what the f!!!.

Had somthin similar when I drove for AAA. But it was a BMW which has electric assist. The locks sense when you pull up on them and then the actuator unlocks all of them. But when the battery dies the actuator can't sense or release your stuck. And to make matters worse the battery is under the back seat. We had to pry the door enough to get the key out and get the sequence from BMW to use the key lock to release the actuator.

Here is the story

Automatic car features are supposed to make life easier for motorists, but they may be leaving some people without the know-how to do things the old-fashioned way. That’s what happened to a driver in Utah County who became trapped inside her own car.

A woman called Orem police Friday afternoon needing help because her battery died and she was locked inside her car.

When police arrived, they found the woman sitting in the car, unable to get herself out. She couldn’t hear the officers instructions through the rolled-up windows so she motioned to them to call her on her cell phone, according to police.

Once officers were able to talk to the woman on the phone, they were able to tell her how to manually operate the slide lock mechanism on the inside door panel to open the door and free herself.

“I'm just glad she had a cell phone to call for help,” an officer said.

-
Back