Wood grain overlay for aftermarket Gauge Cluster?

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Anyone make a factory looking wood grain overlay for the aftermarket Housing?

shopping.jpg

I have that gauge set but I left mine as it came. I think because of the radius around the gauges, you would have to cut the decal larger than the openings and the black plastic would show. For that reason I left mine as is.

There is a water transfer hydroprinting of parts but I am not sure how you would keep it off the outer bezel.

I have that gauge set but I left mine as it came. I think because of the radius around the gauges, you would have to cut the decal larger than the openings and the black plastic would show. For that reason I left mine as is.

There is a water transfer hydroprinting of parts but I am not sure how you would keep it off the outer bezel.

This would be a good option too. To keep it off the outer bezel, I think they'd just tape it off before dipping it but I'm not sure on that. I had some interior trim refinished by a local hydro-dip company in one of my previous vehicles. The parts turned out really nice.

Thanks, think ill look into both options suggested :)

Thanks, think ill look into both options suggested :)
I believe they spray a clear over the hydroprinting to give it some protection. I actually looked into this as a side job once but I don't recall all the details. You could ask them if it can handle masking tape and if so I would mask off the part you want and you could spray whatever color you want on the outer bezel and make it look pretty close to original.

-
Back