wood trim help

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
Well im taking out the wood trim only because i dont really like it is there any way i can take it off the gauge cluster? it looks like its pretty much on there any way though?:angry7:

you can sand,prime,and paint it,like im gonna do with my 71 dart instrument cluster.Im gonna use basecoat clear coat,you can use what ever you feel comfortable with

If your car has the molded "grained" plastic, you can't get rid of the woodgrain...........your paint will just take it's shape..........unless you use a textured paint to cover it.

Best way is to cover it with a vinyl overlay, unless you really want just paint.......then you need to lay some putty on there to smooth it over.......a real pain too.........Maybe someone has a better idea.........?

What are you going to use for primer? I just scored an extra set for my 75. I want to airbrush them and was wondering what to use
to prime the plastic. The vinyl sounds cool because I just got this vinyl cutter. You would still want to do something with the grain. I'm thinking the primer will fill it good enough for paint or vinyl.
. T^hanks Mike

SEM makes a plastic primer that is for automotive use. Here's what I've done with some vinyl overlays. If you like the "carbon fiber" look, it's out there, too.

IMG_5337s.JPG

DCsmall.JPG

-
Back