woodgrain steering wheels-

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
Ralleye steering wheels for 1968 models- anyone know if they were they a bright chrome or a polished stainless finish or brushed look? see some at classic indus. that are bright polished chrome - are these close to original type finish? thnx

I believe they were a satin looking finish with a polished border around the edges of the spokes. And I know for sure that they were also not all woodgrain, there are some interior colored rims with the same 3 spoke design and horn centers. I know where there are 2 68/9 Cudas sitting in the trees, one with a red wheel and one with a blue.

thanks - your 67 convert looks pretty nice sitting in the trees! I got a '68 with black wheel that matches interior -thinking of putting a woodgrain ralleye wheel on.
upload_2019-1-5_19-29-5.png

The bright chrome is wrong. "Over Restored" Same goes for the glossy finish on the plastic wood.
Unfortunately most restored wood grain wheels are way over done.
That is why nice original ones command a premium price.

yes, I kinda thought so, that's why I asked. Well there's several ways to knock down the chrome finish to a nice brushed steel look so that might be the way to go. Got no use over paying for 'original' - others might, cool of it floats their boat! If you grew up with these cars you know it had never had anythingi to do with keeping stuff 'original'.lol

-
Back