Woodward Dream Cruise???

-
OH PLEASE!!! where have you been hiding under a rock? the woodward cruise is THE cruise...people ship cars into the us from all over the world just to cruise on woodward, there are more automobile vendors concentrated there for that one day ( actually a week) that it is impossible to mention them all....it is news covered in 26 countries!!! I personally guarantee that you have never seen anything like it in your life!! info on this years cruise.....
13TH ANNUAL WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE
To be held on Saturday, August 18, 2007, the Woodward Dream Cruise, the world’s largest one-day celebration of car culture, attracts more than 1 million visitors and more than 40,000 (light guesstimate )muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles. This mid-summer classic celebrates the heydays of the 50's and 60's when Woodward was the heart and soul of American cruising in the city that put America on wheels. Combined with the music and fashions of the era, the Woodward Dream Cruise celebrates the nostalgia of bygone days in the cars that made them so special.
Cruisers and spectators will be driving along a 16-mile route of nine communities including Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac and Royal Oak. Although many communities host events during the preceding days and nights, the Woodward Dream Cruise officially takes place 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, August 18, 2007.
IF you like classic cars, muscle cars, weird cars, custom cars....do yourself a favor plan a trip....but do it quick or you will never find a room!! THIS is where cruising started and it is like a yearly religious event for millions of people. there are classic cars parked on both sides of woodward for the entire 16 miles and all 3 & 4 lanes are filled bumper to bumper for at least 3 miles before and after the 16 mile strech..... do a google on WOODWARD CRUISE...to read more and see some pics & the route. I have been to it since it began and I go every year and I am awed every year...it is humbleing to say the least...if you have not planed to see it yet, DO SO you will not be dissappointed.....bring a bike 16 miles is a long walk!! and if you dont do it all you will not have a feel for how absolutly huge it really is. I have seen license plates from Germany Sweeden Japan australia england france spain...and virtually every state in the US including Hawaii.....this is the Grand Daddy of them all

I was just readin about this, i might have to get workin on the dart to see if i can have it done by august 18th! if i get it done i might just be there!

Got pictures of this??It's a long way from here but..who knows. :toothy7:

Dang I have been living under a rock. :sad:

If this is what I'm missing I will just stay home... :pukel:

Tangerine20003.jpg

LOL! Where in world did you get this picture? I hope it's not a neighbor, I'd have to move.

Well guys I aint gonna lie.....I have been threre every year since it began and I have seen at least 50 POS wagons & clunkers along the route over the years......sorry but life dictates that every pretty face at one time or another gets a ZIT!! and the guys with the decal flames and the missing mufflers and the lime green wagons do show up to show off thier heaps....so do custom golf carts, bicycles essentially ANYTHING on wheels, seen motorized skateboards and radio flyer wagons!! BUT as with life you try not to focus on the idiotic exceptions or the ZITS and focus on the massive amounts of beauty that surround the exceptions....trust me, you go you will not be disappointed...but you might see a zit and at least one idiot.....last year there was an AMC gremlin and the guy glued or soldered electroic transistors & capaciotors & resistors all over every square inch he had some interspersed LED's that lit up here & there...car looked like the inside of a huge TV it was actually pretty interesting had to take weeks to glue all those tiny parts on it......and it was just plain fun to see it ....so there are odd exceptions....but that aint the norm and the norm is awesome!!

Us locals know that while the Dream Cruise is pretty cool, the best times are the two weeks leading up to it. Starting mid June the weekends on woodward get pretty popular. The week or two preceeding there is massive cruising every night to the point that they have to sometimes block off the road to get everyone to go home. The funny thing is that after the cruise hardly anybody comes out to woodward, like they go back into their cocoons. Gotta admit that a LOT of cars that are never seen around seem to get out of their garages at least for a week. That makes it cool, too. Just make sure that you have a top notch cooling system cause it does tend to be warm that weekend and the road does get a little crowded.

went there in 2005,,i have a friend there so i had free room,,,,stayed and visited for a week,prior to,,,there was cruising during the week leading up to the event,,the event is really only one day,,saturday,,,all the main manufractures have things set up,,GM,FORD,MOPAR EATON E BAY,,ETC ETC ETC,,
MOPAR had the biggest they rented a corner shopping center parking lot,,had tonds of stuff,,and a band playing,,
during the week its like american graffitti,,but the day of the evnt sat,,,wooow look out ,, you name it it was thee from home made,,to things you ask your self what in the world is that,,,,,they say 40 thousnad cars,,over 2 million spectators,,the largest single one day car event in the world, here is the bad part,,besides seeing cars you wil never se again,and cars you thought you would never seee,,( ferrerri F1 SITTING NEXT TO ME)
when you finaly get to the main drag,,,lots of displays go to (dugans bar,,,)
took me 2 hours to go 5 blocks,al the cool cars are parked on the side of the road,in parking lots,, any place you can find,,if you park in a lot,, you have to be registerd to park in that lot,,you have to make those arrangements months in advance,,there are tons of regular peole in giant SUV;S and rented flat beds cruising to se whats going on,,preventing the hot rod guys from cruising that day,,i seen a flat bed with a hot tub files with drunkin people cruising,,and a shorten VW bus doing whelies,,,and a guy driving a home made 1920;s go gart dresses like popeye,,,its a wild time,, get there a few days in advance,, cruise at night drag race a little,,but park it saturday and walk and look,,,glad to say i went,, but would never again,,

-
Back