Work nightmare

-
the last 7 years I was at the USPS I averaged 75 hours a week or so....

...yeah..the wife works 70 hr / week get paid 37.5...management again..

When I had the restoration shop I'd put in, easy, 120 hours a week. I didn't take a day off or give myself weekends for seven months straight. Just did the math, based on a 40 hour work week that's 2400 hours of overtime. I was in my late 20's.

Sarah was concerned I was a workaholic. Single guy, no home life, no social life all I had was work.

My last job was building trains. I put in back-to-back 72 hour weeks. By the last day I was just sitting in the train, looking at all the parts which needed to be installed. I didn't have the energy to move. I'm in my early 40's.

Maybe I did it out of nostalgia, trying to relive more youthful years.

Where did the time go?

When I had the restoration shop I'd put in, easy, 120 hours a week. I didn't take a day off or give myself weekends for seven months straight. Just did the math, based on a 40 hour work week that's 2400 hours of overtime. I was in my late 20's.

Sarah was concerned I was a workaholic. Single guy, no home life, no social life all I had was work.

My last job was building trains. I put in back-to-back 72 hour weeks. By the last day I was just sitting in the train, looking at all the parts which needed to be installed. I didn't have the energy to move. I'm in my early 40's.

Maybe I did it out of nostalgia, trying to relive more youthful years.

Where did the time go?

It sucks owning your own company if you are a one man show..been there, go the t-shirts...you tend to work far too long for the bucks you make...

...yeah..the wife works 70 hr / week get paid 37.5...management again..

Just about exactly what Kitty is having to do......only she works two jobs. Neither of them will make her full time so she has zero benefits.

Just about exactly what Kitty is having to do......only she works two jobs. Neither of them will make her full time so she has zero benefits.

And if she doesn't, they will find someone that will...there is absolutely no loyalty to the employee anymore..we are all disposable..

-
Back