Working on my cars with gloves on?

General Discussion

1. 89on35s

89on35s Inferno Red Duster FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:06 AM
    I got used to wearing mechanics gloves on my last job where it was a requirement to work out in the plant. I just make sure that they are as snug as you can stand while still being comfortable. When I'm messing with silicone or painting, I use the nitrile gloves. Fun fact, the mechanics gloves can be run through the regular laundry machine and look like new when done. They can last a long time when washed once in a while.

Cley

• Like Like x 2
    • RussellSullivan

RussellSullivan FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      10:06 AM
      Tillman makes some real nice leather gloves. I've been using this pair for the past two months. Once the fingers started getting big holes in them, I cut the tips off. Now these are my general work gloves, for threading nuts and other "precision" work. I have a new pair for cutting, grinding, burning, welding and handling cables.

For very greasy work, the black nitrile gloves work well, even doubled up.

20210320_095805.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Krooser

Krooser Reform School Graduate

Local Time:
        9:06 AM
        I wear brown cotton gloves when fabricating or working on real greasy stuff. I see these youtube experts with vinyl gloves on and cant help but call them pussies.

• RussellSullivan

RussellSullivan FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        10:06 AM
        They're really only good for precise, detailed clean work. Like the inside of a transmission, not hanging long tube headers lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.