Working out in the winter

-
I got something I call my "sex bike"

I picked it up for 40 bucks on Craigslist and it works pretty well

(Not me, generic video)

Holy hell that's a lot of wood. We usually go through about 3 face chords a year here. Try to stay 2 years ahead so the wood is nicely seasoned before burning...........I am really surprised that those saws you have are up to the task :lol:
We burn about 3 bush cords a Winter now, use to burn 4 or 5 when I also had a stove in the shop but getting old and slowing down! LOL What we she stacked this year, 10 bush cords... Wife turned 60 on Wednesday, keeping her fit.

20231001_154824.jpg

20231001_130312.jpg

20231023_155307.jpg

20231024_105415.jpg

20231025_151119.jpg

I work out my right arm.. and my jaw... lifting slices of pizza :D

Last edited:
De forestization!!!!!!! :poke:
Yep, I wacked 276 trees off of my 40 acres last Fall and the Son 310 off of his 80 for sawlog / veneer and some firewood. Now we need to get our (read my) butt in gear and process all of those red oak and maple tops into firewood before it gets punky in the next 2 years.

I walk when the weather is good. Last year I started using a Total Gym (Chuck Norris, Christy Brinkley) during bad weather days.
There are other brands like Gr8Flex and you can get them used pretty cheap. Find a better model with a tall foot rest and all attachments. Works great. Folds up small. There are a few youtubers with workout routines to suit your desired goals.

In all honesty I should work out a little. More water and less sugar!! I eat the **** out of sugary snacks, gummies, candies, chocolate. Can’t help it. Not in my 20’s no more. Lol. 2 years left of my 30’s and I feel it.

All this looks like too much work. Pass the Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Jelly Rolls and a glass of whole milk.

Eat Chili in winter for weight loss.
Scientific fact, you will burn off more calories digesting chili than it provides!!! Now ya know.
Follow me for more helpful hints. :thumbsup: :BangHead: :poke:

Lol, lately a lot of people have been shoveling snow here in the midwest for exercise................ whether wanted to or not!

Snow on the ground holding ya' back?
Never got into it but how about cross country ski?
Then too, I believe just walking in snowshoes can become a workout.

Winter is hard, I just can't stand to be cold anymore. I do stretching and balance exercises inside, plus leg lifts and finger tip push ups. It only takes about 30 minutes. I also do intermittent fasting, water only from 9:30pm till 11:30am, since I hit my late 60s. Do you have steps in the house? Just drove to TN and back yesterday to get a Nordic track Pro for my wife. She is tired of her big elliptical exercise machine. My basement is my garage and it is heated and air conditioned. So I can play with my car stuff all year long. My daughter also lives in Pueblo and she walks with a friend most every day before work. You just have to find what works for you and find some way to keep motivated. During decent weather keeping in shape is easy, between working on engine and transmission parts, mowing the lawn with a push mower, swimming, rowing, walking, and bicycling outside I'm good to go.

I have my stationary bike right in front of my t.v. put on the 80's music channel and spin away!!!

If you can't exercise in the winter, eat less. It's a pretty simple formula.
Not everyone exercises to keep their weight down. Some do it to maintain strength and cardiovascular health. Certain types of exercise also help with bone density, working to prevent osteoporosis later on.

Not everyone exercises to keep their weight down. Some do it to maintain strength and cardiovascular health. Certain types of exercise also help with bone density, working to prevent osteoporosis later on.
Great post,now we are getting somewhere. It is never to late to start exercising. I exercise every day,45 minutes to 1 hour. Does it help, yes it does.

I have a stationary bike that folds up some to save space in storage, and a rowing machine. Both are idiot simple manual units but they work fine for my needs. I got them at yard sales so I might have $50 in the two of them at most.
Same here, a set down stationary bike in the shop and a treadmill in the sports room , watch utub videos fishing or a walker videoing his/her walk most anywhere in the world.
Like you I have less then 50 bucks in both of them.

-
Back