World record price for 2 old painted chrome reverse wheels?

-

F&J

Reaction score
WoW.. On ebay right now and are over $130 as I write. It took me a while to figure out what they were at first, but I finally noticed they were a true reversed wheel and it sure looks like they were chrome at one time. Yikes, I wonder how high they will go? keyword search: Mopar a body dart duster wheel. Plus the offset is wrong for a late 60s dart/valiant:sad4:

I didnt realise....

Got a few of those layin around.

Needasresto-
Tell me the dimensions of the wheels you have. Backspace, offset etc.
I would be interested in a set if you decide you want to sell them.
They would need to bolt onto the back of a stone stock 69 Dart.

George

Those are just plain 14" small bolt steel wheels that have been widened

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mopa...013QQitemZ230225894612QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I sure don't think they are "widened" stock 5.5 GTS/340 wheels...the profile is all wrong on the dish part. The deep dish on a OEM 5.5 GTS wheel are flat surfaces...the ebay ones sure do look slightly slanted just like the chrome reverse 7" wheels made back in the early 70s.

I asked the seller for the backspace size and it is not the same as a 5.5 GTS wheel; it's less. They would likely fit a Duster or 67-69 cuda without trimming the insides of the wheel lips, but would be real tight on a dart/valiant unless you used skinny tires.

I have a pair of rims like those that I wish I could use. All the width is in the back-spacing, which is 6", requiring the springs be moved in-board.

DodgeDart014-vi.jpg

DodgeDart017-vi.jpg

DodgeDart015-vi.jpg

Any takers?

Those would have been perfect for the scamp. They look stock from the side.

Man, I have personally damaged the spindles on 9" drum cars before. They are weak. I won't even drive one on the street any more. I'm not afraid of the 9" drum's stopping power. I am afraid of the weakness of the spindles.

-
Back