Worst bodyshop ever

-
Now thats just sad. They used drywall screws for gods sake.

I dont give a damn what anyone says, you get what you pay for & this is living proof.......

But im really not surprised,i been at this game a long time,seen crap like that all my life.Cars done like that usually end up at my place,for me to have to fix.Then it really costs some cash.I can see $2500.00 worth of repair and fitment thats gotta be done to that car to make it right,not counting painting!It takes many hours to fit an aftermarket body kit right,and most folks dont know how,or want to know what is involved in getting it all to fit right.I might be slow as hell,but what i do is close to perfect when it leaves me,because i would be devastated with a post started on me about my work being that bad.

Just a few guidelines for choosing a body shop from a guy who works at one. Select a shop that is specific to the type of work you want done. Collision work to a collision shop, resto to resto shop and accessories to a shop that installs them all day long. Beware of shops that "do it all". Always ask to see some of the shops work that is like the type you want done. This poor guy should have seen the flag when he said he had feedback both good and BAD about this guy Mike.

For $750 he got what he paid for. Bad work. Like Toby said. That stuff takes a ton of work to fit. If you think aftermarket sheet metal is bad you havent seen nothing yet, LOL

All the crap you get for them isnt even close to begin with,and you have to fit it to a car that has smaller panel gaps than our beloved mopars.Thats why the guy dented the bottom of the nissan door,he had to jack it up to get the side skirts to fit under the door when closed.2 objects cant take up the same exact space at the same time,lol.ve been a do it all guy most of my life,but i also agree with the statement above,to a point.If you want your car restored,its best to find a restoration shop tha specializes in what you have.Its hard for us guys to keep up with what all cars are suppose to have,or look like.Thankfully for me,most of my customers,whether there mopar,ford,chevy,import,just want something totally custom and perfect,so orginal body seams,(like on chevys) can be smoothed and done right,along with a lot of other things i feel are imperfect from all car makers.i recently left a hot rod shop.I loved the job,but wasnt getting paid enough to survive,and also was getting married and decided to move.But yall can check out the link to the shop,see what all kinds of stuff i had to work on(they still have all the cars up i painted,the dont have a paint shop any more)and you can see why it pays to be versatile,but not easy to keep up with,lol.I prefer to specialize in all abodies now,myslef. www.claytoncustomcars.com click on the photo link

Wehad one in the shop were the kid wanted his glass body kit smooth in to the metal. He wouldnt listen when we told him its gonna crack if he sneezes on it. Sure enough he bumped a curve and it cracked all around the bumper.

We did just a bumper for a kid my boss knows this week. $400 for paint, fab work and install and he bought the bumper so if this kid thought it was going to be nice for what he paid ?

I always try to give a shop the benefit of the doubt until I see the work first hand........

You can't get any more first hand than that.

My opinion is that this guy probably believes he's ready to do this kind of work on cars.....probably is into Unique Whips on TV.........But he lacks so many basic skills that are "common sense" issues, it's pretty clear that he does not belong in this business....at LEAST until he gets another 2 years or so training from some pro's.

I feel for the owner of the car........And I also know what it's like to be offered a "great deal" for a job that sounds too good to pass up.........sometimes we just don't think too clearly, and want to pay as little as possible.......But THAT was over the edge. You can't get that kind of customization done for $750........So yes, he got what he paid for........a royal pain.

it's pretty clear that he does not belong in this business....at LEAST until he gets another 2 years or so training from some pro's.

I dont think 200 years will help this guy. The common sense isnt there, The mechanical sense left with it. Neither are coming back, LOL

Well Adam, it's a good point.........

If someone lacks that much common sense, it's a difficult road to teach them much of anything.

Common sense is a nice starting point for this kind of occupation! 8)

well, it is a P.O.S. ricer and even the best paint won't hold up to curbs. Not only is the body/paint guy an idiot, but so is the owner of the ricer.
that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. Ignorant as I am, LOL

Um yeah, wow not even sure what to say about the Z. I've seen better work from high school kids. He'd have been better off spending the $750 on supplies and doing it himself. Even if it IS an import how could you do that sorta thing to a car???

thats what crack will do to ya lol.sorry to see that.trust me i have had my share of bad body work too.

Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzz

I've got a good relationship with my body guy. I send him business (he really got a surge when my Challenger hit the magazines) and he takes care of me. That being said, he wanted over a grand to paint a new hood and rear spoiler for my Mouse GT (stripes on the hood)

hate to say it, but the guy who owns that car is a moron

Wow I feel bad for that kid, his 30k car ruined by some brain dead employee. I could have painted that better with rattle cans...

The sad thing is that it would cost a helluva lot more than $750 just to bring it back to the condition it was in before the "repairs" were made. There is a local car repair place that I was told has used old traffic signs for sheet metal repair. Gotta ask around for sure.

I think the same guy worked his "magic" on my GTS before I bought it. I had drywall screws thru the rocker moulding, and more drywall screws "securing" the kick panels and A pillar covers..............the list goes on and on.

It makes you wonder what goes thru some guy's ~head~ so they can manage to butcher up a car like that.

That's why they call it "buyer beware". There's one simple rule I live by, like when I had to get the Demons new glass hood painted, ask to see the shops work and primary the person who's going to do the jobs work. If there are any problems or concerns run like hell cuss in the end you'll only have yourself to blame.

Terry

I don't care what a person drives, if his pride and joy gets f'd over like that 350Z did, he's allowed to be pissed!

How hard is it to lay out an equally spaced, straight line of screws? My god, what a mess! That car is finished in my mind... poor guy. :(

There's a saying, "stupid should hurt". If you're stupid enough to go for the guy who says he can do something like that for $750 total...... then you gets what yous deserves. I bet that guy learned a valuable lesson.

-
Back