Worst case of Barrett-Jackson disease ever!

-
That guy must be smoking some really good stuff to ask that much for a car that is nowhere near perfect. It does appear to a good car to enjoy driving. But 43K? no way. According to one price guide I have a solid No 1 condition Formula S would be around 27K. My Formula S is in similar condition so I guess I should try and sell it for that!!!!

That guy must be smoking some really good stuff to ask that much for a car that is nowhere near perfect. It does appear to a good car to enjoy driving. But 43K? no way. According to one price guide I have a solid No 1 condition Formula S would be around 27K. My Formula S is in similar condition so I guess I should try and sell it for that!!!!

He probably is smoking some good stuff, it is located in Denver, CO after all hee hee hee... Seriously though from what I've seen Mopars and classic cars in general are overpriced out here. I think there's just a general lack of "builder" cars in decent shape everything is either a full-on resto or a rotting pile of parts. Not to mention plenty of rich yuppie aging baby boomers looking to relive their younger years

And here is why i bought a 4 door. Zero rust. For a reasonable price as my ffirst old car. For anyone with a real life budget , income, and family its not a reality. Spose thats why you see a ton of full size 2 doors rolling around too now.

Years ago there was a 69 Nova sitting in a lot on my route to work. Keep in mind it was Az so the car had a pretty much baked interior and the paint was cooked. For sale sign had a number. 6 cylinder, auto. Stripper...guy wanted $10,000. Couldn't help but laugh in his face...he informed me that at the past BJ auction one "just like his" sold for $17,000. Juse so happened that my neighbors car Club was used to move all the cars at the auction that year. Asked Dave about it...just so happened he had a list, complete with pictures, of everything that sold. So I met the guy with the car for sale again. Explained to him that the auction car was an original SS. Car was a numbers matching 396, stick car. Car was restored years ago...was far from perfect but compared to the sun baked paint and interior was a concourse show car...year later the guy called me...offered me the car for $400.

Years ago there was a 69 Nova sitting in a lot on my route to work. Keep in mind it was Az so the car had a pretty much baked interior and the paint was cooked. For sale sign had a number. 6 cylinder, auto. Stripper...guy wanted $10,000. Couldn't help but laugh in his face...he informed me that at the past BJ auction one "just like his" sold for $17,000. Juse so happened that my neighbors car Club was used to move all the cars at the auction that year. Asked Dave about it...just so happened he had a list, complete with pictures, of everything that sold. So I met the guy with the car for sale again. Explained to him that the auction car was an original SS. Car was a numbers matching 396, stick car. Car was restored years ago...was far from perfect but compared to the sun baked paint and interior was a concourse show car...year later the guy called me...offered me the car for $400.

That's hilarious! I saw an El Camino locally where the guy had the same mentality, it was real basic 305/3-speed manual I think he wanted like $20k or something ridiculous. It had one owner but his son was the one selling it and didn't know jack about cars... "Yeah it's got a V8 it's pretty fast!" Sure maybe if you drive a Kia... Told him "good luck" as politely as possible and went on my way.

-
Back