Would any of you guys be interested in...?

-

Rick@Laysons

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
First, a little info. I am an employee of Layson's Restorations. If that hasn't scared you off yet....please read on, LOL!!

I work in the warehouse pulling parts, stocking shelves, double-checking orders, and do the packing for ALL outgoing shipments, and answer technical questions when asked.......

With that being said, I have also been a member on various Mopar oriented message boards MUCH longer than I have worked for Layson's. I now find myself in a position that could possibly allow me the opportunity to put together group buys of various parts for board members.

So...would any of you folks be interested in doing group buys, and if so, what parts would you like to get? Things like 67-69 A-body cuda rear valance panels, 67-69 cuda rear tailight lenses/housings, 67-69 Dart rear taillight lenses/housings, dash vents, 65-66 cuda wheelwell trim, 68 cuda rear trunk trim panels/clips, A-body window cranks, etc. could all be possible. What would you like to see?

If something like this gets set up, people would be dealing with me direct, NOT thru Layson's. I would personally be responsible for the entire transaction from start to finish. I would accept credit cards thru my personal PayPal account or with money orders in the mail made out to me. No payments will be accepted unless I have the parts in my hand ready to box and ship. I done a deal like this on another board a couple of months ago and it went very well. Thirty people ended up with a locking gas cap for their 68-70 Chargers.

So would any of you on this board be interested? If there's enough people this could happen......and depending on the numbers, there could be a possibility of a price break due to volume.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Rick

I would possibly interested. I would want to know all of the details of what was going to happen and how they are setting this program up and why they would do something like this. This company already has a bad enough rep that I think you will have to have some difficulty building a base for this program dealing through this company. Also the other problem you will have is that if a company cheats or screws over a coustumer it is alot easier to get resolve then if an individual does it to a potential coustumer. So that also is something that may make a slow start to what you are trying to do.

More info please...it may not be BUT this sounds kinda fishy to me. GSS340

You shouldn't have mentioned the Layson's connection, now you've lost all credibility.

I am not going to be rude ! BUT I WOULDN"T BUY $*&# FROM LAYSONS AFTER THE WAY I WAS TREATED ! Sorry but Laysons made me feel that way! The company you work for should take a really hard look at the way it treats its customers. Sometimes after you get a really bad name it is very hard to get people to come back as customers. I personally will not go back there for any parts I need!

Thanks

I will try and answer questions posed......

First, there is no "they" in this picture. It is just me, and me alone. If you're interested, you can check my Ebay feedback. My user ID is ft6-500 and I have PERFECT feedback!!! Also, you can search the dodge-charger.com message board and review my group buy for locking gas caps, my user ID there is my real name Rick Keesler. You would not be dealing with Layson's in any way, shape, or form. It is me myself setting this up.....if there's enough interest. If not.....well then so be it.

I do not anticipate any problems what-so-ever, no payments would be accepted unless the parts are in my hand and ready to ship. If a problem does arise, it will be dealt with immeadiately with no questions asked....by myself personally...that's just the way I do MY business.

As far as credibility goes, check ME out. I have provided the information you need to do so. If you have any questions regarding my credibility, you are more than welcome to contact me thru PM here or email me at [email protected]. If you would like to speak with me on the phone, send me a PM and let me know when a good time to call you would be. I'll make the phone call on my dime.

I can assure you, THERE IS NOTHING FISHY ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!! There are no gimmicks or tricks, no scams, no bullshit!

You can laugh if you want, but I am totally serious. I knew what Layson's reputation was before I moved from Kansas and took this job. I knew people had problems with them getting their parts and being billed for things not in stock. Well.....the billing for parts not in stock has come to a grinding halt. No parts are billed until the order sheets are pulled in the warehouse. Once an order has been paid for, I make damned good and sure it gets out the door...because that's MY job and I take it very seriously because I have been on the waiting end myself.

One more time.......YOU WOULD NOT BE DEALING OR GOING THRU LAYSON'S IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!!!! YOU WOULD BE DEALING WITH ME PERSONALLY!

I have an opportunity to do this and help people get parts that are not available anywhere else, without the hassles of going thru Layson's.

P.S. I will check this post again later this evening when I get back from my Monday night pool league.

I`ve had a bump or two with Layson`s but have always been satisfied in the end. With the magnitude of restoring a car from the ground up you`re bound to hit some stumbling blocks. I`ve personally dealt with Rick and have been very pleased, he`s honest and cares about his his customers ,product, and his work. That said, if enough people can agree on particular parts and there`s a significant discount, you may have a winner. Good luck Rick.- John, aka Longgone

Ok, I'll test the waters. I'm looking for a 1973 Duster, Complete Rubber set up. Like Wiper seals, doors seals, hood, trunk seal. Need windshield rubber F/R. All the rubber that normally detioriates over time. Plain n simple if you can offer it for a similar price with the same Quality. You're in. PM Me.

Mopower71, I will check for you tomorrow and send you a pm with my answer tomorrow evening.

Thanks! for your good words John! Hope all is well out your way.

Well Eric, maybe a rubber deal can be worked out if enough people are interested, that's a good idea and exactly the type of response I was hoping for. Thank You!

Anybody else need rubber set-ups for their cars? You don't nessessarily have to own a 73 Duster............

My son and i have a 73 Duster, if you can pull it off, we would be interested a complete rubber/weather strip kit. something with door,window and trunk seals. pm us or email me at [email protected] if you can do it.

Thanks,

Bob
Bryce

Hey, anytime I can save a buck I'm interested
I met Hutchfish at the layson booth, Mopar fall Fling in Van nuys
big help thanks

I would be interested in a full set of rubber for a 72 Demon also if the price is right...

Ryan

Are we just talking rubber parts that we can order?? Or the full laysons parts line?? What kind of discount off the advertised web pricing can you give us here?? I need a bunch of stuff for a 69 fastback....especially a full interior kit! Let us know..I have never had any dealings with laysons but have heard my fair share of horror stories...So I cannot comment on there service personally. Talk to you soon....thanks. :thumbup:

72 Demon rubber kit here. I will definatly be needing one. How bad is this I am getting rubbers for my car and I don't have any. I know bad joke but hey what can I say. I also will be needing a LR quarter patch panel and left front floor pan as well as a LR floor pan. Yeah I think that will do. Thanks. Let us know what kind of price you are looking at. Jason

BJS racing said:
How bad is this I am getting rubbers for my car and I don't have any. I know bad joke but hey what can I say.

i liked that! :lol: i hadn't even thought of that until you said it :toothy7:

66' Valiant Tail light lens kit would be great. And maybe Chromed Armrests too.

-
Back