Would anyone buy one of these cams used?

-
Well if you are going to change it out, just take pics of it and put it in classifieds. Woudn't hurt anything. Did it get broke in properly? That thing has some bump to it. Sounds good. Mike

JMHO, I would not buy one new let alone used. The advertizing in the name is too juvenile for my taste.

I am from the same school of thought I think.......that they grind a cam purely for your listening pleasure just seems .......... I dunno , stupid ?
I understand that they provide decent performance , but if I am reading the ad copy correctly , the sound is where their attention is focused.
When you make changes or compromises to a grind that alter where the torque starts to come on or where the upper rpm limit is going to be , I understand completely.
When you do it to create a sound that will impress the locals when you roll up to where ever it is that the car guys hang out in your town , you lost me.
Lots of people buy used cams though.
Not me personally , but it should sell unless you want premium coin for it.

I wouldn't buy a used cam and I wouldn't choose one because of the sound. If you build the engine right it should sound good regardless.

I"m going out in left field, but you might be happier with that cam. With some more Base Timing put into the timing curve of the distributor.

The cams work well in things they are intended to run, low static compression engines.

I put 284/484 cams in low comp engines in the 98-102 range, just like these thumper and hughes whiplash cams are advanced a bunch.

Plenty of parts out there to choose from.

I run the smallest thumpr cam in my mild 318, it makes pretty good horsepower.

352hp at 5700rpm and very streetable. sounds like a lumpy beast at idle.

I've bought used cams before, and I would do it again. From what I've read, the cams don't necessarily sacrifice any performance, but like every cam out there it is made for a certain niche. Honestly, I would like to try one just because. Keep the lifters in order, take some pics, and you will sell it.

I don't think this thread is proper. You should hang a price on it and put it in the for sale section. This should be deleted.

I don't think this thread is proper. You should hang a price on it and put it in the for sale section. This should be deleted.

cool man, glad we have mods that do the THINKING, thanks for your input bro :D

And seeing as its still in a driving car, that does not have another cam at the moment to go back in, ya I will just put it up for sale and then sell it with no idea when I will get it out of the car, that sounds like a GREAT idea. Hmm that THINKING thing works great huh?

-
Back