Would like to have some feedback

-

greengodart70

Reaction score
Ok, so this may not be the place looking for feedback but i wasnt real sure where to put this, BUT I have a 70 Dart 4 door slant6 right now and it hasnt been driven in prolly 3 years. but after finding some inspiration from a rusted insanely modified bmw e28(http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10970) Ive finally got the motivation i needed to do something, i want to go completely radical with her, not the typical "show pony" restoration cause i mean cmon shes a 4 door lol, was thinking bout ditchin the slant a finding a t/t stealth/3000gt 3.0v6, puttin in a 5spd and layin her out and leave the body the way it sits. now i do own a bmw e28 just like the one in the link but thats already been done so why not try something similar on a old abody? but id really like some input and ideas on how to take this idea and improve on it, Thanks guys!
IMAG2524.jpg

IMAG2520.jpg

IMAG2523.jpg

well honestly i really dont wanna shoehorn a v8 and the only suitable 6 i could think of was the t/t 3.0, that way i would have plenty of power plus a bit of sleeper appeal lol, that and i really cant think of any other v6s dodge has used that had a rwd setup other than the 3.9s in the dakotas or the even the 4.0 in the jeeps. and id really rather not cross breed with a chebbie or the like lol

Shoehorn,not a necessity.all v8 a bolt in.Acually I am asking the wrong question.What ,are you familiar ,to working on? Trying ,to find some common ground.....

What about a new Hemi ? What are your fabrication skills ?

not much on fabricating, im really goin for a cheaper setup i guess is why im looking for 6s, really dont have a lot of cash to throw at it so really i can pick up a 6 for a lot cheaper than the new hemi, as far as what im used to working on, eh a little bit of everything ive owned and worked on several classic cars and several imports which i guess is another reason for that tt motor tryin to blur the import and classic line lol

Check out the slant six thread.If you are willing to learn fabrication skills,the 3000GT motor rolls.If on a budget,hot rod the slant 6,or check out the 3.9 v6. The v8 swap,is so dirt cheap. I understand you want something different,for that exclustivity,you pay the price....

id thought about tweakin the old slant but i cant find the resources or parts, hell i went through 6 carbs when i got the car just tryin to find one that worked the way it should lol. i just found a 3.9 online thats in my town for 300 bucks so that may end up being what i do lol

-
Back