Would like to install the blinkers ...

-

grassy

Reaction score
Would like to install the little set of blinkers on the fenders that point at the driver.

Does anyone have some tips and what wires should I look for to plug in to the blinker system. ..haven't looked at the car yet but do I need to drill a hole in the side wall to get the wires through ?

Thanks
Ian.

I have a set on my '74 Duster that I'm deleting and will go take a look how they are routed and connected for you. Will post an answer latter this afternoon.

Thank-you. Don't want to start drilling holes that are unnecessary.

Thanks
ian.

When you do drill holes for the indicator lights, be careful not to drill too big. The ones that rapom65 has have a rubber base. They are a snug fit in the fender hole. When I added these to a '73 Scamp I drilled the holes smaller and used a round file around the hole until they could be forced in place.

Thank-you. That is great advice.

Did yours plug easily into the wiring harness or did you have to cut into the harness to join ?

Thanks
ian.

Thank-you. That is great advice.

Did yours plug easily into the wiring harness or did you have to cut into the harness to join ?

Thanks
ian.

I used a meter to find the wire that is used to flash the light and hard wired (soldered) it in place. I spliced it to the correct wire

I had pondered if Ma Plymouth would only use one wiring harness so that the connectors would be there.. Too much to ask.

Thanks.

Will do.

ian.

I had pondered if Ma Plymouth would only use one wiring harness so that the connectors would be there.. Too much to ask.

Thanks.

Will do.

ian.

I didn't find the connectors for the fender mounted turn signal indicators on my Scamp, so I assume that if the car didn't come with the 'light package' option these connectors would not be there.

...do I need to drill a hole in the side wall to get the wires through ?

Thanks
Ian.

By side wall I'm assuming you mean fenderwell. No, they go very nicely to the signal harness on the front of the radiator support.

Sorry for the delay in getting you an answer. The way mine are routed is through the core support at the headlight bucket wiring hole. It is bundled with the marker light wires and runs down under the front lower edge of the fender then up into the wheel well and straight up to the top of the fender to the mounting hole. Its held in place by a wire clip to the back side of the sheet metal the headlight bucket is in. So looks like there is no need to drill a hole for the wires. I would think it would be similar for other A body styles. Mine has factory butt end connectors to connect to the harness inside the engine bay and they just look like they're spliced in line with the power wire going to the turn signal. No ground wire that I could identify. Hope this helps.

Very good advice. It has been so hot here that we haven't done much other than hide from the heat.

What were you measurements you used to drill the hole or did you just eyeball it ?

Thanks
Ian.

-
Back