Would like your opinions.

-

Khyron

Token "B" Body
Reaction score
O.k. it was a great day in upstate NY so I decide to start cleaning my parts. Striped one of the heads and yada yada yada.... had a great time.

I go to the local auto store to pick up a few cans of Mopar Orange paint and a thought pops into my head as I look at the motor paint.

It's a 360 going into a gold 69 charger. I'm not a "period correct" or "purest" so I start thinking...

I think I want to paint the motor the same color Gold as the Car. My engine compartment is black <kinda like the GM thing> and the interior is black and white. So I'm thinking.

Gold engine, Satin black valve covers and trim. And chrome highlights. I think it would give her a "Model" look.

Yes I could just go with the normal Mopar Orange and the car would still look good. But I want a little originality with my baby. What do you guys think? Has anyone here broken the traditional engine color? How did it look?

Personally i would keep it orange but it's your car build it the way you want not the way someone else wants it! :)

I love the look of the original orange but like Evilscamp says. Build it the way you like it not others.
I think it would look good body color. Just not original.

I say paint it hemi orange. And then paint the rest of the car to match. :tongue:

other colors might not look so good on a motor, but i think gold wouldnt look too bad, i think the 50s motors were painted that way but i could be wrong. you should just do it and post some pics when your done :thumleft:

dosent realy matter the important thing is that you are hapy with it! my engine iis red sitting in an black enginecompartment wich is part of a white car with blu stripes so my taste isnt that good but gold would look good in you car i think...

I believe Oldsmobile painted some of their engines gold and it looked very nice in the black engine compartment. Like you said your not a purist or wanting to be period correct you just want it to look good and I think it would look great if thats what you decide to do. Just remember its your car and you have to live with it so do what makes you happy.

Bottom line...It's your car. I treat mine the same way. The color scheme sounds bitchin to me. Go for it.

The Plymouths in early 60s (Golden Commandos) motors were gold.
Its Your car, I say do what you want to it.
Jim

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to go with Gold. Th eblock should be back home mid week. I'll start primingand painting it then, And send up some pics :D

hey JCF, where in NY are you?

-
Back