Would like your thoughts on small block oil pan

-

WildCat

Reaction score
I was at the shop today looking and discussing my engine

It should be back together in the next couple of weeks and I'm wondering, "should I get a bigger oil pan?"

I have a 67 Dart with a factory small block 71 K Member and a 340, 4 speed and will be installing TTI headers (hopefully)

Plan is to install a high volume oil pump since it had oiling issues before, so should I install a larger oil pan?

What pan would be best for a STREET CAR? I don't want to have it bottoming out and knocking a hole in it or have a problem with clearance with the headers or do I even need one.

I had a high volume pump in my other 340's in the 70's with a stock pan

I got the low profile Milodon plan, hits the K member under torque so I had to notch it out a bit (the K member, not the oil pan!!!).

I'm running the Milodon on my stroker,i too needed to notch the frame but no big deal...

I have the milodon pan on my 340, its got decent clearance and no issues with the TTI's

I had to notch the rf corner of the pinch weld on the k-frame to clear the kick out though

I bought the kevko oil pan, it is a really nice piece for 170 bucks or so, It is not much deeper than a stock pan, but has a crank scraper, baffles, and trap doors built in. It clears my 4" stroker crank fine, and is going in a duster. I have the headers on and they clear fine, but so far I can't comment on the installation because its still on the stand. However, being much shorter than my Moroso pan, I see no problems with fit

Excellent pan and only 1/2" deeper then stock with an additional 1 quart capacity plus windage tray.

Just and FYI....I looked this pan up and it is only 6 quarts vs milodon 7qts. Not that big of a deal but thought you should know.

-
Back