Would you sell-out? E-Body for an A-body?

-
Hey oldschoolcuda, Your car gives me a HUGE BONER!!!! I love it. Makes me want to go out right now and shread out that pesky 225/6 out of my car and slam in my 360. Tonight. But I'll have to wait to have my heads done. Anyway, I love your car. I love all early A's. I like the other A's too. The newest dart I ever owned was a '67 GT. And the newest Barracuda I've ever owned was a '69. I've actually owned 6 more 2nd generation barracuda's than early ones. And I've never owned a Valiant. I love the '66 Valiant.

I admire the looks of certain years of E-bodies, but I wouldn't pay the money folks get for them. First, I am only 5'9", 170lbs- nowadays it would look like "Little guy, big car," syndrome. Second E-bodies were a constrainted/rushed product. They chopped the floorpan down and re-skinned the chassis to make the E-body-there was no matched reconfiguration of the suspension for the smaller body. Equally equipped and prepped, a '70 'Cuda would lose to a '68 'Cuda on a roadcourse or a drag strip. Third, have you ever noticed that it seems Chrysler's from that era that are either the top cars (300s', Imperials) or the cheap cars (Darts, Valiants, Dusters, et cetera) to survive the best?

Not in a million years,Had my experience with e bodies decades ago,even back then the pile of crap got stolen,I got my gaurd dawg on duty now!!!!

dawgeengator.JPG

Don't let im fool ya' He's got a mean 440 six pak dana 60 4 speed,road runner lurkin in the parts shed,took me to my first drag race,and hooked me up with my first 340,he had a scamp back in the day that would make you wet your pant's but it was an automatic LoL,ronnie sox would want an autograph if he seen the way he beat on the old road runner!!!!then again....I seen a slanty he put together that would bury the speedo so we could go from md. to new york just for a slice of pizza!He's the one I think got me hooked on waggins but don't tell im![-X
Keith ,your 66 RULES . . . . . .stickshift a bodies rule :headbang:
KEEP IT !!!!!!:thumrigh:

matter of fact,I bought this car off of him twenty five some years ago.it was just an old covertable when i got it but was solid and was a good deal

66dartgtconvertable.jpg

Anyone noticing quality "A bodies" are on the way up????
Are you talking about prices for nice A-bodies? Hmmm, Haven't really noticed prices on ANY cars on the way up. My Buddy went to Barrett-Jackson down in Palm Beach couple weeks ago ( saw him bidding on a Chebby on TV) and prices are down on everything ( generally speaking). I think alot of guys are ASKING for big money hoping to get it before prices dip lower. Maybe we should start a New Topic on actual A Body asking and selling prices. Might be fun!

Victoria and I are in for the long hall

ebay402%20056.jpg

P.S 340Sedan are you ever gonna paint your car 1 colour?Not that it doesn,t look cool now!Just wondering?

LOL, Maybe...:-k....the wife say's no, leave them black cause it makes it look hot. :toothy7: I have a lot of people tell me they like the black fenders, I think it gives it that superstock look! Plus, it is different and it stands out. I would like to redo the rear quarter panels someday soon, then the car will be due for a complete job, probably all one color!! :toothy10:

sorry guys but a 70 cuda is my dream car. i,d trade both my a,s and my wife.dont worry i,ve never been real popular anyway so you wont hurt my feelings.

My thoughts: I love almost every early A body. Lancers, Valiants, Darts, Barracudas.....they're all really cool to me. It takes a special E-body to get the same attention from me that the early A's command. Real Hemis, T/As etc. but there is no way I can afford the e-bodies that I like. The ones I can afford I don't really care for. Example: I drove by a house in Salt Lake about a year ago and the guy had a Lancer sitting in the drive for sale so I stopped to take a look. He came out of the house to show me the car. It had a 360 and 904 with 8-3/4 rear. Nice work and I was in love! However, he had basically accepted an offer from another guy and as long as that didn't fall through the car had a new owner. Then he told me about his other car for sale. A 71 Challenger. We went into the garage and walked around the Challeger a couple of times to examine it. It was really in good condition. But, I was drawn back to the Lancer for another 20 minutes wishing the whole time I had been a couple of days earlier.

Early A's for me any day!

I would have to say that it depends on the E-body. If someone offered me a 71 'cuda straight across for my Dusters, I would do it. Then sell the 'cuda and buy more A-bodies. As far as selling them for one. Probably not. Unless my friend told me he would sell me his 70 V code R/TSE for $2500, then I would sell them.

Jeremy

IMO.... I'd move into another brand of car before I'd get an E-body. Probably a GTO. My brother-in-law is the restoration mechanic for one of the better known high end Mopar collectors, and I've seen the BEST. ultra low mile '71 Hemi car survivors...440-six cars...rare paint, everthing. If you park an E-body next to a Mach-1 Mustang and compare, it is a wonder any of them sold. The quality in regards to fit and finish is GARBAGE, and this is compared to a Ford for goodness sake. Don't get me wrong, the '70 and up A-body cars weren't screwed together very well either, but they have an excuse...they were cheap. I've seen '71 shaker hood, big block cars completely blasted and ready for restoration, and one particular car wasn't even square... brand new the thing doglegged down the road.
I don't like the way they drive either. Looking out, you can't see squat in front, and it feels like you are sitting on the floor looking out over nothing but hood, and I'm 6'. That would be fine in a new Corvette, but not in a tank like an E-body.
I'd definately trade up to an early Roadrunner. '68 Hemi car, or a really fine 440 car. Bench seat 4-speed. My BIL offered to sell me a nearly flawless '69 Roadrunner with a Hemi for 35K awhile back, and I almost pulled the trigger on that one, even if it was triple green. I'll stick with the Demon, for now..........

LOL, Maybe...:-k....the wife say's no, leave them black cause it makes it look hot. :toothy7: I have a lot of people tell me they like the black fenders, I think it gives it that superstock look! Plus, it is different and it stands out. I would like to redo the rear quarter panels someday soon, then the car will be due for a complete job, probably all one color!! :toothy10:

I like it just the way it is, but in your post you have the answer. The wife likes it and she thinks it's HOT!!! Nuff said!! Geof

My first car was an E (74 Challenger) and my second was a B (68 Charger). I really miss both of them. If I could trade my A (67 Dart) for either of them, I probably would only because my other cars were rust free and drivable. My Dart is sitting in the driveway waiting for TLC. My dream E would be a 70 Challenger T/A, my dream B would be a 70 Roadrunner, and my dream A would be a 69 Dart GTS.

For my Dart, I would never sell or trade her. I have waaaaaaaayyy too much wrench time to ever sell or trade for an E or B. This one is with me for the long haul. If it were another A body that I owned and didn't have anywhere near the dollar amount or wrench time I might if the right one came up.

-
Back