Would you trade?

-
I'm an old racer too, and leaving a car stock is really not in my vocabulary. The Duster is nice to be sure, and is obviously worth more, or will be worth more, than a converted grandma car. But it's still just a car, and it would be begging for bigger tires, more cam and carb, and on and on. The Scamp is total blast to drive, and puts a smile on my face every time I start her up.

Owning both would be nice, but I have no room for another car currently (2012 Mustang GT in there with her, a Civic and an F-150 in the driveway). The Stang might go away this year, but if it does, an SRT Challenger really needs to take its place.

I'm an old racer too, and leaving a car stock is really not in my vocabulary. The Duster is nice to be sure, and is obviously worth more, or will be worth more, than a converted grandma car. But it's still just a car, and it would be begging for bigger tires, more cam and carb, and on and on. The Scamp is total blast to drive, and puts a smile on my face every time I start her up.

Owning both would be nice, but I have no room for another car currently (2012 Mustang GT in there with her, a Civic and an F-150 in the driveway). The Stang might go away this year, but if it does, an SRT Challenger really needs to take its place.
And that is why I own 3 A bodies. LOL!!! One left as original and the other 2 will be, who cares lets go play toys. Original 318 cars so why not?

The Duster is nice to be sure, and is obviously worth more, or will be worth more, than a converted grandma car. But it's still just a car, and it would be begging for bigger tires, more cam and carb, and on and on.

If that car is as original as you describe, no way IMO. It deserves to stay that way and just fix what needs attention to restore it to it's natural state.

If that car is as original as you describe, no way IMO. It deserves to stay that way and just fix what needs attention to restore it to it's natural state.
That's why it won't make it into the garage. The downside is, around here, it has a decent chance of getting hacked up for a hot rod. Hopefully, the asking price is high enough to keep those guys away.

That's why it won't make it into the garage. The downside is, around here, it has a decent chance of getting hacked up for a hot rod. Hopefully, the asking price is high enough to keep those guys away.

I agree, that would be a shame to alter that car in any way.

I would do it but it sounds like it's not the right car for you. An original 340 Duster like that is not a car that should be customized. I'd keep the Scamp if that your plan and continue to raise hell with that 440.

Just look at your car and look at the Duster, the scamp is way to nicely done to trade it for a Duster .

im a purest as some would say, yet i love hot rodded cars. the way i balance things out is if i get a stone stock car, it stays that way. if i want something to hot rod or thrash on, i buy one thats too far from stock and that someone else has fucked up.
It has to be something you will be able to live with, and no one elses openion really matters. take sugestions, and then make your own decision.

-
Back