Wow. Have you noticed the HUGE amount of stuff for sale here lately?

-
For those people that live a distance away from a shipping business, the part of selling that includes shipping can often kill a deal.
I've been lucky to live 2 miles from the USPS and 4-5 miles from UPS and a FedEx.
Still, the gathering of cardboard and packing materials takes time and money. In 2012, I sold some bare fenders and grilles. I often spent a half hour wrapping and protecting a part, then the trip to the shipper to get a quote, wait for the buyer to agree to the rate (or not to agree, to ***** and whine about it) then maybe a sale is made.
I never made a penny on packaging or shipping. I priced the parts at a rate somewhere between the self-serve junkyard prices and what you'd see at a decent swap meet so it wasn't like I was living high on the hog from the money I made. The proceeds of these sales usually just got spent on furthering the cars I'm keeping.

Well when I see this steering wheel in green, then I'll think there's huge amount of stuff in the for sale section
s-l1600 (1) (2).jpg

1979-dodge-diplomat-station-wagon-8.jpg

I am NOT buying a scale to weigh, so when I ship a part which I rarely do anymore, I measure it and weigh on bathroom scales and get price off the puter.
I have a 64 383 I will not ever use and to sell the son of a gun, I will have to ship it. I have spent hours getting pics of all the damn cast numbers, stampings , contacting Fastenal, etc etc and talking with the GUY half a dozen times, > Still have to get some lumber and make a cradle for it. Box the cam/lifters and take that to USPS. Haul it to Fastenal. Oh wait, the only pallet I find is not the size they want!!!!
I hate selling parts!!!!! I LOVE buying parts!!!!!

For those people that live a distance away from a shipping business, the part of selling that includes shipping can often kill a deal.
I've been lucky to live 2 miles from the USPS and 4-5 miles from UPS and a FedEx.
Still, the gathering of cardboard and packing materials takes time and money. In 2012, I sold some bare fenders and grilles. I often spent a half hour wrapping and protecting a part, then the trip to the shipper to get a quote, wait for the buyer to agree to the rate (or not to agree, to ***** and whine about it) then maybe a sale is made.
I never made a penny on packaging or shipping. I priced the parts at a rate somewhere between the self-serve junkyard prices and what you'd see at a decent swap meet so it wasn't like I was living high on the hog from the money I made. The proceeds of these sales usually just got spent on furthering the cars I'm keeping.
Dang....half hour is nothing to make a shipping box safe for some parts lol
I am NOT buying a scale to weigh, so when I ship a part which I rarely do anymore, I measure it and weigh on bathroom scales and get price off the puter.
I have a 64 383 I will not ever use and to sell the son of a gun, I will have to ship it. I have spent hours getting pics of all the damn cast numbers, stampings , contacting Fastenal, etc etc and talking with the GUY half a dozen times, > Still have to get some lumber and make a cradle for it. Box the cam/lifters and take that to USPS. Haul it to Fastenal. Oh wait, the only pallet I find is not the size they want!!!!
I hate selling parts!!!!! I LOVE buying parts!!!!!
All I've ever used was a bathroom scale too but added 2 lbs. This is when I was using UPS and they started up-charging me. I used the local UPS store drop off for most of the stuff but use prepaid UPS with my weight +2 lbs and their scale was always right with mine minus the 2 lbs. So, I started adding 4 lbs to my scale weight and even that didn't matter. Fork UPS!! Haven't used them in years now. Seems to be they do not want non business shipping. I even tried to go with business shipping but since I live in a neighborhood, no can do even though I had a business name with no restrictions in my neighborhood. It's no wonder UPS isn't making money anymore......fork em!

Always! Haven't hit anything in the 50 years I've been behind a wheel!

SO how did that car purchase go last week, since the market it down?.. or are you waiting until it tanks some more now?
You may not have seen mg earlier post, the wife got sick and I've been taking care of her, hopefully she'll be back to good health here real soon.

It's because we now have the highest credit (1.73 trillion) and overall consumer debt ever, just read about it today. This is exactly what happened right before the Great Recession

That's good. I know if you were my woman, you'd carry a backup too. Only reason Kitty doesn't carry is because we literally go everywhere together now that we're both retired. She has problems carrying a heavy pocketbook so we opted to remove her gun since we always are together. If she ever does go somewhere alone, she does carry. I'm glad you do.
Man, you don't know how strange this sounds to us Canucks. Is i really that rough down there?

Man, you don't know how strange this sounds to us Canucks. Is i really that rough down there?
I don't know the Police response times nor the policies of many places but if you live in areas where the criminals don't fear incarceration, they are empowered to do whatever crap they want with NO risk of going to prison for it. I'd rather be the guy that is able to protect myself rather than the victim. When seconds matter, the Police are minutes away.
Back to the original topic....Parts and parts for sale, come and get them!

I don't know the Police response times nor the policies of many places but if you live in areas where the criminals don't fear incarceration, they are empowered to do whatever crap they want with NO risk of going to prison for it. I'd rather be the guy that is able to protect myself rather than the victim. When seconds matter, the Police are minutes away.
Back to the original topic....Parts and parts for sale, come and get them!
The saying I stand by: I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

What cracks me up is the ads that state "Free Local Pickup".
Really? That is SO generous to NOT charge me extra to go to your house to get the parts. You might as well offer me FREE air to breath and a FREE drink of water from the garden hose.
It is a great time to be alive when generosity is this abundant.

i used to do "free local pick up" but got tired of the time pirates and flakes wasting my time, so now i just say X amount for delivery and that covers my gas and it's not an abject waste of my time. and i get to do it on my schedule rather than waste most of a saturday waiting around for some dildo that shows up 2.5 hrs late if at all.

Most of the people that I've let come to my house are either members of the Sacramento Mopar club or FABO and FBBO members that I have read their posts before. I'd trust them before some random tweeker looking for drum brake springs from a 7 1/4" axle.

Most of the people that I've let come to my house are either members of the Sacramento Mopar club or FABO and FBBO members that I have read their posts before. I'd trust them before some random tweeker looking for drum brake springs from a 7 1/4" axle.
nah, nah. if i didn't meet you at a show, thru a friend or thru the board, i'll meet you at the starbux parking lot.

The man didn't mean that the FUN was anything directed to you. You are playing a victim to an incident that you misunderstood.
The original topic here is parts ads on this site. If you have nothing closely related, just move on.

The man didn't mean that the FUN was anything directed to you. You are playing a victim to an incident that you misunderstood.
The original topic here is parts ads on this site. If you have nothing closely related, just move on.
I'll continue to follow, but will watch what and how I post things

I can tell you this. There have been a TON of scammers popping up on Marketplace lately. @66340SEDAN Keith will verify that.

Yes, it’s getting real bad for both sellers and buyers on FB….scammers popping up everywhere! Rob and I belong to a MoPar scammer feedback page and everyday there are posts showing scammers and who to watch out for. Also a great place to educate yourselves…too many good honest people getting scammed by scumbags in Cameroon!! Most of the scammers are on the group pages, don’t really see much on local FB marketplace though.

What specifically do you all mean by "scammers" ?
I've seen and dismissed the "Is the item still available" texts.
I never fell for the BS where the part is $100 and the guy wants to send a check for $150 and I'm supposed to send the part and the $50 difference.
What other scams are being pushed?

-
Back